When to bring in Roo...

Started by evawes1, April 24, 2009, 01:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evawes1

I had a plan for next week, where I would make a decision regarding which rookie to trade in (eg. Barham, Broughton, Hartlett - all 2 round rookie) - and then use that cash, plus some remaining salary, to upgrade Skipworth to Riewoldt.

however - it looks like Roo might go up this week? his breakeven is about 85-90, and its wholly possible that he will go up this week.

Is it sensible then to trade him in this week - and then make the rookie decision next week? I have enough cash for the upgrade, but it wont leave me with much after. I need the rookie for that (and my backline bench is a bit weak, I need to plug a gap there)

Matty01

I would be looking at bring Riewoldt in as he is about to his best in terms of fitness as he looks like he is moving better now than at the start of the season.

I would hold off the rookie decision until next week so you have a better view of what will happen. Although my personal view is to look at Hartlett and Broughton as they look more likely to cement spots in thier respective sides 22's compared to Barham. In short hold off is what I say.

Anyways I was wondering if its worthwhile to trade Jesse White out for John Messen to build up some more cash reserves.

evawes1

I'm a Demon supporter, and I think that Meesen might get a few games - he's been decent while Spencer hasn't. It doesn't work for me, as I have spencer on my bench - i want more games out of him! but meesen is ripping it up atm.

I'm happy with your assessment of Riewoldt :) I agree with holding off on the rookie. I was never going to do anything this week as theres plenty of scope for next.

Pweter

It is wet over here (I live in Adelaide) and will be tomorrow also so that could impact Riewoldt's score. He may still do well but that is something for you to consider

Hawks_1976

Reiwoldt SC breakeven is about 92.
Even with a massive score ( say 140 ), his price would go up by about $20k.
Can you afford to wait a week while giving your rookie situation more thought?

Bo

Half forwards get lost at AAMI stadium. James Hird said it. I've seen it with my own eyes. I wouldn't expect riewoldt to go much more than 100 this week, but i might eat my words.

evawes1

Quote from: Hawks_1976 on April 24, 2009, 05:31:52 AM
Reiwoldt SC breakeven is about 92.
Even with a massive score ( say 140 ), his price would go up by about $20k.
Can you afford to wait a week while giving your rookie situation more thought?

I have the cash to afford it - but whether I *want* to afford it... :) I'm just being risk averse. I don't want to be hit by a massive Riewoldt score. But if he just hits his B/E, then its not that big a deal right? It looks like it will require a total dud of a game for Roo to lose value.

Considering all the factors (wet and AAMI) - but 92 B/E is pretty reasonable, imo. We'll see :)

Bo, get ready to ready eat.... I hope ;)

antman

get the volt in as soon as possible he is a star ;D

brownmans muffins

obviously easy to say in retrospect
luckily i went with sooky pants NR vs boomer this week & he came up with the good last night without a 'spectacular' effort
that's prol the good thing with players of his caliber - i.e. revolt can pump ou t120+ 140+ without seeming like he's dominating, whereas a harvey will need a massive effort to produce similarly