To Trade or not to Trade...

Started by clackerz, April 24, 2009, 11:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clackerz

I'm in a little dilema with whether or not to trade out Skippy this week - or wait - or keep him until he returns.

I was really hoping that one of my fwd bench players would be called up this week - which wouldn't leave me with a donut and some time to think my move over the next week.

I will have to use a double trade to get him out as I only have $18K in the kitty and there isn't anyone around the $300K mark to do a straight trade.
Maybe a Taylor Walker - who could make up some cash and give me some kitty in the bank?  This would be a straight trade option.

Or should I just trade in say a Ben Warren for frontbum and put Skippy on the bench?  Ben Warren is due to go up in the next couple of weeks as well.

I was originally thinking of trading out frontbum for Ben Warren and using the little extra cash to get me Krakouer for Skippy - but I know I've 'missed' the train on Krakouer as his already had a price increase which means I've burnt the money gained from skippy - and some.

I'm just looking for some opinions here....

Here is my team:

Def:
Goddard, Mackie, Houlihan, Melceski, C.Cornes, Hargrave, Ranes (Broughton, Cheney)

Mid:
Ablett (Capt), Judd (V.Capt), Bartell, Selwood, T.Tuck, Rich (Robinson, Beams)

Ruck:
Cox, McIntosh (Jacobs, Spencer)

Fwd:
Richo, Higgins, Skippy, Buddy, Roughy, Lids, Ziebell (Schoenmakers, Sidebottom)

Hitman

you're in the same boat as me. I have Yarran and Sidebottom on the bench who both are not picked in their respective sides. I think that Ben Warren from North could be a $94K option as he is playing this weekend

nas

antman

nahas from richmond will go up in price next week could be a option for you but if u can get krak i would give it a lot of consideration

clackerz

Missed Hargrave in my side - now 30!

Yeah I was also looking at Nahas.  I really am considering the Krak trade but he's already gone up $127K and Skippys gone up $86K so I've missed the boat there on the initial rise, but I suppose I can make it back up on a $94K player (Warren/Nahas) when they go up.

Now I have another dilema - R.Houlihan has been named in the Bullants side!  Cheney has been named on the interchange for Dees this week - so hopefully he'll get some game time!

I think they'll be some donuts all-round for alot of teams this week.

My only real concern with Skippy is when he returns:
a) Will he get back in the side (after most likely a couple of games with Bendigo) seeing as though the Bombers will get a couple of players back by then
b) I'm not sure if his price will increase that much more to justify keeping him that I can turn him into another premium.  As some of those premiums that are currently low may have found their form and started to rise.

antman

clackers houlihan should play :) cheney most likely an emer >:( krak b/e is -59 if he gets his ave he will increase by about 58k but he is playing against the mighty saints ;D

clackerz

Well here's hoping that Houlihan does play!

I'm leaning towards the double trade - but I also have the option to trade in Taylor Walker as a single trade and keep the cash - and maybe then trade up to a premium (Revolt, Hodge, etc) in a couple of weeks if Lids doesn't perform this week.

It'll def be a battle I think tonight (Saints v.Power)

Prospector_1