First crack for the year!!!

Started by BAMA, January 28, 2011, 05:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAMA

Guys,
Heres my first crack at a team for this year, all opinions appreciated

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, J. Drummond, N. Bock, N. Duigan, A. Otten (D. Heppell, M. Hibberd, C. Howard)

MID: D. Swan, C. Judd, J. Bartel, D. Mundy, N. Foley, B. Jacobs (A. Krakouer, D. Stanley, P. Contin)

RUC: A. Sandilands, D. Petrie (Z. Smith, A. Cordy)

FWD: N. Riewoldt, K. Tippett, R. O'Keefe, C. Sylvia, M. Morton, T. Mzungu, C. Knights (I. Smith, J. Darling, L. Tapscott)
CASH LEFT: $30,200

Patrician

Wha? You're a Richmond supporter and you don't have Jack? ;D

Seriously now....

DEF -  Great. I've heard nothing about Duigan. I'd be more inclined to put Heppell on.

MID - Rumours are that Judd is struggling with an injury, so perhaps review. I like Mundy as a unique and gotta love Foley. Its also intresting to see a MID setup without the pricey Swallow, Gaff and Polec. Perhaps a risk but also means you have cash to spend on real guns.

RUC - set and forget. Like it.

FWD - Ok here's where it gets really intesting. Tippet and O'Keefe?  :o I'd be calling that pretty ballsy, with no offense intended. I got burned by O'Keefe last year and I know a lot who swore off Tippet.

Sylvia is also seen as a risk and despite the fact I like him, I'm not sold on Morton. There's been talk of Knights having an injury and Mzungu is new.

I would suggest a review of your forward line, maybe to take only 1-2 risky options.

Otherwise, looks good.

Luigi197

Quote from: BAMA on January 28, 2011, 05:32:14 PM
Guys,
Heres my first crack at a team for this year, all opinions appreciated

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, J. Drummond, N. Bock, N. Duigan, A. Otten (D. Heppell, M. Hibberd, C. Howard)

MID: D. Swan, C. Judd, J. Bartel, D. Mundy, N. Foley, B. Jacobs (A. Krakouer, D. Stanley, P. Contin)

RUC: A. Sandilands, D. Petrie (Z. Smith, A. Cordy)

FWD: N. Riewoldt, K. Tippett, R. O'Keefe, C. Sylvia, M. Morton, T. Mzungu, C. Knights (I. Smith, J. Darling, L. Tapscott)
CASH LEFT: $30,200

DEF: Would start Heppel and put Duigan on the bench for a start... Three mid-pricers is risky so convert one (prob Bock) to a premium such as Gibbs, Lake or Enright... And if that's J Drummond from Brisbane (the one that got injured towards the end of the season) Could be a good grab but am concerned about his injury still affecting his game and being in the back of his head and he's also from Brisbane so watch his pre-season closely... And 2 Essendon's in that same position will be risky; But seeing your rookies will end up changing, for now check out my team for ideas on rookies http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,24002.0.html

MIDS: They are kinda well done.. Would convert Bartel and Mundy to a premium (such as  Selwood, Hodge, Montags) and a rookie (such as Swallow, Gaff, Polec, Conca). Foley is good. Jacobs belongs in most teams Backs so if u put him there, put one of the rookies listed before in the mids for him [you will have plenty of money because u wouldve already done a couple of downgrades...]. Kraks is good but again: the rookies will change... At least put some thought into them...

RUC: Good rucks but i would prefer to have Petrie in your forwards then have a link on your RUC bench to his MPP... have Jolly/Ryder/Cox as your second...

FWDS: Would convert Tippet and Morton to 2 better premiums (such as Pavlich, C Rioli, Didak, Franklin).

Would try get more cash in the bank but with the sugessted alterations u should have plenty i think...

Nice try, 6.5/10

Luigi :)

BoredSaint

have to agree with luigi here.. your defence and rucks are good.. but i think you can use you money more wisely in the mid and fwd department..

7.5/10