New team based on MPP updates via discussions

Started by pie time, January 14, 2011, 03:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pie time

Possible Round 1 side.

Fisher,Duffield,Grimes,Deledio (CB),Heppell (BC),Jacobs (CB), Gibbs (BC)
EMG Brennan, Toy ????? was Iles but logs suggest is now a centre.

Swan, Goddard (CB),Judd,Pettard (CF),Chapman (CF), Atley
EMG Cullinan (CF), Swallow, Stanley

Petrie (RF), Clark
EMG: Smith and Bailey

Sidebottom (CF), Franklin, Knights, Goodes (FC),Tippett (FR), Roo, Krakouer (CF)
EMG: Hooper, Mzungu and Richardson ( as per discussions is going to be a forward)

10k left, Plenty of coverage with Petrie and Tippett  can swap during byes, if heppell or jacobs dont play r1 then goddard goes back and either Cullinan or mzungu comes off the bench.

I think well balanced side with lots of MPP options. Tell me what you think...

Knowall

I really dont know why ppl are persisting with Callinan, i honestly dont think hell play!!!!
But it seems like a good team but im not sure if being so MPP orientated is the best way to go this year.  Especially considering u have extra bench cover and that u can have a safe bet having a GC player playing at very low price.
Swap Sidebottom for Sylvia or ROK.
Not a fan of Chappy this year
and u do have the Judd and Gibbs situation which isnt ideal come finals time with the bye
ill give it a 7.5

BoredSaint

Knowall

Also i wouldnt be surprised if Pettard isnt fit for the start of the season reading what it says on the melb website

BoredSaint

i highly rate pettard but hes probably gonna be a trade target later when my bench starts gaining money

pie time

Knowall, I wouldn't be so caught up with having players with byes in round 23 or 24, chances are they wont be in the side by then. My theory is by having some options with MPP players it might reduce the need to trade early which in turn allow me to have spare trades towards the end of season. I agree with some player assessments, but i am mindfull that i cant have too many players with the same bye. You dont want more than 2 players per position missing each week. Just noticed sidebottom is no longer a c/f so will need to rejig the side. Cheers for all the feedback.

Luigi197

i dont like the team at all IMO.. just for starters...

HAVE:  Goddard, Swan, Sandilands, N Riewoldt, C Rich, Krak, D Swall, Heppel
WANT:  Deledio, Gibbs, Boyd, Judd, Jolly, Rioli, Gaff, Mzungu, Z Smith, Prestia, Smith
CONSIDER: Knights, Petterd, Drummond, Bock, Otten, Petrie, Foley, L Anthony,

dont worry too much about byes ATM IMO
for MPP; dont overload and try be smart.

Luigi :)

ossie85

I like the MPP theory, but yes, it shouldn't used to the extreme.
The byes will play a huge part. League victory or overall...

And Pie Time, all premium players with byes in round 23 and 24 should be avoided. It is a recipe for disaster!

An advertisement...
Like your cricket?
Which team do you like best?

pie time

was missing a centre, Left out hodge....Thanks for the feedback guys and
Luigi197 the problem is i cant have everyone. Time will tell if i got it totally wrong or not...Good luck with your sides.

MTTY

Pretty unique backs but they are good.

I reckon Swallow is too pricey to be sitting on the bench bar rnd 1, maybe sell petterd and bring in another rookie.

Unique rucks, takes a brave man to not  go woth one of Sandi, Ryder or Jolly.

Good solid forwards

overall 9/10

pie time

Thanks MTTY, Swallow only on bench for the byes, he is a certain starter like most sides. Taken a punt with the rucks, but think clark will play ruck then drift forward as the extra tall to help cover fev . A little bit iffy with pettard but being a pie man liked the way he played against us last year. He was flying until he got injuried so time will tell.