Thoughts??

Started by yogibear, January 15, 2011, 06:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yogibear

just after some critism, and advise where i can improve my team.

TEAM NAME: Wolfpack
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Rawlings, B. Deledio, A. Otten, B. Jacobs, J. Cripps (J. Brennan, T. Davis, D. Talia)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Boyd, J. Selwood, S. Pendlebury, N. Foley, J. Polec (D. Heppell, A. Krakouer, M. Wallis)
RUC: A. Sandilands, J. Fraser (D. Petrie, Z. Smith)
FWD: P. Chapman, A. Didak, N. Riewoldt, T. Walker, R. Petterd, B. Miller, M. Williams (L. Cook, M. Westhoff, L. Patrick)
CASH LEFT: $40,300

?? thoughts??

DT 101

Not a huge fan - way to much risk in my opinion.
Not sure on:
Cripps, Polec and Williams - I no you're trying to be different but sometimes rookies isn't the way to be unique - it's too risky. not having D.Swallow will be a huge disadvantage.

Rawlings, Fraser and Miller are all past their prime IMO, but my surprise with Fraser and Miller moving to new clubs.

Petrie is a bit of a waste on the bench - will play every week (bar injury), may be inconsistent but I would put him on the field - either as a ruck or forward.

I like the T.Walker pick - but look at what position he is playing during the NAB Cup - if he still plays a key-forward - I would drop him from Knights maybe.

I would be concerned with Ablett - with no other midfielder at Gold Coast warranting a tag - Ablett will cop a huge tag - but will most likely still score well.

Beware of Chapman's injuries and maybe increased tag with Gary gone.

Like Selwood and Pendlebury - Foley I'm not so sure with but he will be a solid investment.

I would take a longer look at your bench - many I haven't heard of - it might be me but I think their are better options then the bench players you've picked.

Don't worry, I've been harsh - it's still a solid team with some uniques, which I like.
Not bad, 7/10

McRooster

Pretty sure Matthew Westhoff was delisted  ;)

yogibear

cheers for the advise. didnt no westoff was delisted i thought that was justin.

have made a few more adjustments to the team, managed to squeeze 11 premiums into the team, a few of the rookies i've just shoot at hoping for the best. others i have heard about from previous years, ie liam patrick heard about him will i was in darwin, massive leap and can take plenty of grabs.

TEAM NAME: Wolfpack
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Rawlings, C. Enright, H. Shaw, B. Jacobs, J. Brennan (S. Iles, D. Talia, T. Young)
MID: M. Boyd, P. Chapman, L. Montagna, S. Pendlebury, D. Swallow, N. Foley (A. Krakouer, T. Liberatore, M. Hibberd)
RUC: A. Sandilands, D. Petrie (J. Redden, Z. Smith)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Didak, S. Johnson, N. Riewoldt, T. Walker, S. Day, M. Quinn (I. Smith, J. Lamb, L. Tapscott)
CASH LEFT: $15,500

hally25547

good team. 8/10

great midfield but your forward line is weak. Backline and rucks are solid.