Ruck Division Strategy?

Started by Adz23, January 16, 2011, 02:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adz23

with the 2011 season approaching soon, im going through a rough idea of my SC side, with all considered this year with the gold coast team coming in and interchange rules, im taking an approach that the ruck division could have a certain amount of impact this year.

So far im considering Sandilands as a locked in #1 ruck, im having trouble finding a prem/mid ranged #2 ruck (at any cost i dont mind atm)
and im looking at locking in Josh Fraser and Sam Jacobs as the bench rucks

at first some people will look at this and think its a very overpriced ruck division however i think it could be the difference of winning or losing a few games in 2011 with all the byes that would come into play.

what are your thoughts? feel free to leave a comment below  :)

Luigi197

PREMS: Sandi, Jolly, Mumford, Ryder, Jamar, Kreuzer
ROOKS: M Bailey, Z Smith, Day, Charman, T McDonald, Derickx, S McNamara

FLOPITOUT1

Use Petrie R/F to cover your ruck byes put him in your forward line and have an mpp on your ruck bench eg J.Tippett R/F and save some cash spend elsewhere

Adz23

Luigi197 - cheers for that, i used a combo of krezuer and sandilands last yr which was pretty good scoring (Y) i would like kreuzer back again but a lil unsure how he will pull up after his knee injury, jolly could be worth a look since he would of settled in at collingwood i think

FLOPITOUT1 - Petrie doesnt look like a bad option either considerin his a R/F however depends on injuries, his scores dont look to bad from past seasons but ud think he would spend more time up forward than in the ruck to, which could b a advantage but depends really, i roughly look for a 75-100 score for a 2nd ruck

nas

Quote from: Luigi197 on January 16, 2011, 03:55:33 PM

No Cox there? is that for a reason?

Luigi197

Quote from: naste on January 16, 2011, 04:37:24 PM
Quote from: Luigi197 on January 16, 2011, 03:55:33 PM

No Cox there? is that for a reason?

1. Aging body
2. Ran out of gas.
3. West Coast aint the best
4. Doesnt have many other good peeps to bak him up...

Cheers ;)

Adz23

cox come good towards the end of the season last yr, i made the mistake of havin him at the start of last season hoping he would of recovered n playd alright, bad mistake that was haha, yeah cox is past his hay day, i find patty ryder a bit better value for a similar kinda role as in ruck with a lil time up forward

ronl

I think Ryder will increase his average a few points this year, could be good value.