Previous topic - Next topic

Rate this team

Poor (1-4)
Average (5-6)
Good (7-8)
Very Good (9)
Excellent (10)

magpies01

The Magpie Prince- this is my team please rate and comment.  Salary cap left: $111,700. My prem/mid/cheap/rook count is 11/4/8/10

B:Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Jed Adcock, Andy Otten, Ben Jacobs
Dylan Grimes, Sam Iles, Josh Toy

C:Dane Swan, Lenny Hayes, Jimmy Bartel, David Swallow, Andrew Gaff, Dyson Heppell
Mitchell Wallis, Andrew Krakouer, Tendai Mzungu

R:Aaron Sandilands, Darren Jolly
Zac Smith, Majak Daw

F:Paul Chapman, Alan Didak, Colin Sylvia, Nick Riewoldt, Chris Knights, Drew Petrie, Dion Prestia
Brandon Matera, Daniel Talia, Luke Tapscott

zeus123456

Great team mate!

Backs: Very good and strong

Mids: Absolute BEAUTIFUL personally the best mids ive seen, but that's IMO

Rucks: Great rucks like the pick of Jolly

Forwards: Great Forwards like it alot.

This is probably one of my personal favourite teams Well Done! My rating for you is Definately a 10/10

magpies01

Thanks alot mate.
Great feedback thankyou very much. My mids really the best you've ever seen?? Haha.

zeus123456

Quote from: magpies01 on January 09, 2011, 11:46:28 PM
Thanks alot mate.
Great feedback thankyou very much. My mids really the best you've ever seen?? Haha.
Yeah too me I love the pick of Bartel and those 3 superstar rookies

magpies01

Just vote 10 on the poll and you've my day. Hell not day, made my whole summer holidays!!

DT87

Definitely a 9/10 from me - the only round where you have any issues with byes will be Round 4, and even then you should have cover. It's a very predictable and low risk team, but I think teams like that will be the most successful ones this year. The minor issues that prevent me from giving you a 10/10 are:

- Hayes is a bit too old, Boyd and Montagna are better options.
- Your B/C MPP would be more useful if one of your B/C players started on the bench (though if Mzungu is C/F this wouldn't be as much of an issue).
- Forward and back benches are a bit weak, you should be willing to spend a bit more money there this year.

underdog11

excellent team i have the exact same backline

Mid: Bartel a great choice with the depature of ablett and good rokies like the ruck combo an solid forward line i have 0 complaqints therfore i am giving out my first 10/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!C GREAT TEAM

could u give mine a rate mate http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23748.0.html
Cheers.

Chopps

great team really like it, bartel is a champion and for me if i didnt already have rd5 issues he would be in my team for sure.

adcock? why is everyone going for him, i know he is capable of good scores what has restricted him for the last two years injury wise?

i would change hayes to boyd or montanga personally

magpies01

Thanks guys for the great feedback. I'm getting Hayes because I had him all year round last year, and he never disappointed. I think this year he is hungry for more. Adcock is a good buy because he is a great player, he avg 87 in '09, but last year he was injured which means he will be cheap. Thx for all feedback guys.

RobbieK

What I will say is something I have said to a few people - with the byes you have to be quite careful with your selections from the same team, and your selections from teams that have byes at the same time.

In your case you have 2 x GC backs, 2 x Collingwood midfielders, 2 x Adelaide forwards, 2 x GC forwards and 2 x Melbourne forwards. While you have ensured that you can shift players between defence and midfield and midfield and attack, it still does place limits on you which might end up with a 0 or two if you are unlucky enough to have injuries on one of those bye rounds, particularly when you are relying on first year AFL players in midfield to give you that multi-position flexibility - you have chosen the best two at this point in Heppell and Mzungu, but will both be getting 22 games next season?

mophead222

hally25547

Very good team.

Backline is same as mine so 10/10  ;)

Mids good, rucks good, forwards good

I would give this team 10/10 and I reckon its the second best team I have seen behind mine ;)

Chopps

Nails

To be honest I don't really like it...

Forward line bit iffy imo... few too many rookies in my opinion...

Adcock can be a risk... 7.5/10.

RiOtChEsS

reckon its a good starting squad well done