My Team - 'The Magpie Prince'

Started by magpies01, January 06, 2011, 09:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpies01

Hi guys, please rate my team. I've been putting a lot of work into it lately and done some research, and i think it's pretty good.

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Duffield, Adcock, Otten, Jacobs
    Grimes, Toy, Iles

C: Swan, Hayes, Bartel, Swallow, Bennel, Heppel
     Wallis, Krakeour, Mzungu

R: Sandi, Jolly
    Zac Smith, Daw

F: Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Varcoe, Petrie, Prestia
    Tapscott, Matera, Talia

Criticism is welcomed, just give me your honest thoughts.
I think it's alright. BTW, my team's name is The Magpie Prince, hence the title.
Thanks guys.

snubbs

yeh i like this team. Great structure which to me looks like the go the year. Overall, i cannot fault it. The only thing that i would do is switch hayes to boyd if you have the cash. Boyd will be top 3 with swan and goddard imo.

great work.

boschie12

good team, the only proablem is when cats , hawk, dockers have there first bye in round 6!!eg fwd line!!!

Jez Do It

looks really good.  Although having 2 GC Rookies in mids to start could be tough Rnd 1 when they have the bye.  Will need cover (DPP or bench).  I assume Swallow is D, not A?

I also am looking at the 3 premiums/3 rookies start in the mids. I think this has serious legs as a strategy.  What about Gaff>Bennell to get over the 2xGC rookies problem, or if you really want some uniqueness, Gaff and Bennell and leave out Swallow (although you'd be braver than me by doing that!)

I like Knights over Varcoe up fwd, but that's just my preference which may be somewhat biased considering I'm a Crows supporter!.

I give it a 9/10.  Nice one.

hally25547

not sure about varco after surgery. im not a huge fan of bennel and swallow in the same midfield. one or the other for mine. Other than that good. 8/10

can you give mine a rate and a comment - cheers, Hally
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23597.0.html

pyronerd

Quote from: boschie12 on January 06, 2011, 09:55:04 PM
good team, the only proablem is when cats , hawk, dockers have there first bye in round 6!!eg fwd line!!!
+1 may cop a 0 there, also i dont like the team name  :P 9/10 though  ;D

Chopps

great team honestly the only major concern i have is your a pies supporter :D

nah just Varcoe but see how he goes could be a good pick if all goes well

elephants

yeah i reaallly dont like varcoe. he is priced at a 75 average (320k) which i think he will do well to maintain and extremley well to build on :) i think that knights would be a lot better :)
also not overly impressed with bennel as he was very easily shut down in the wafl when he copped a tag and for 160k you really want a player that will hopefully excel into a decent player.