Double trade dilemma to bring Big Cox in

Started by armyadam, April 24, 2009, 08:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armyadam

I've got a bit of a dilemma on my hands that I was hoping the learned wise people on this forum could help me answer.

Rucks:
I've currently got Ottens sitting on the bench, only due to the fact I heard he was only going to be 3 or 4 weeks maximum and I wanted to get through early without spending a lot of trades. Now I hear hes out for another 4+, and whilst McIntosh is doing better than expected, having Jacobs on the ground getting 30pts a game isn't great.

Proposal:
Now these two trades are only current for this week, given the prospective prices. But my thinking is as follows:

1. Cash out Petrenko ($198,600) for a yet to rise rookie back ($94,200), who I have yet to find but I was hoping someone could help me out.
2. This would give me $104,400 plus $125,300 in my bank, total $229,700.
3. Trade out Ottens, giving me ($229,700+$395,100) = $624,800 to buy a premium ruck with. Cox happens to be $585,600 and the logical choice.

PROs:
Strengthens up my ruck division majorly (points++) - Cox a premium who I wouldn't trade unless LTI (long term injury)
Petrenko last named on an extended bench, could be on outer and good time to cash out maybe
Have possible inclusions on backline bench with Cheney (named extended bench) and Raines who should be back in the next week or two hopefully.

CONs:
Is it too early to get rid of a cash cow like Petrenko?
Spending another two trades early when I have players already in position on ground and playing
Dropping on spare cash from 125k to around 40k
Having proven 60+ point player in Petrenko dropped for young player that might not possibly get a game or get good points

I've got till tomorrow night to make the trade and I'm definately leaning towards doing it, but I have to find another young back to trade in for Petrenko which will probably see which way I go with it. Any help from the esteemed patronage of this forum would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Army

Prospector_1

Probs makes sense if Petrenko isn't named to play.

justJACK

if petrenko does play, id hold off for another week, and make that extra bit of cash off petrenkos increase and hopefully cox's decrease (b/e=140)

Hitman

justJACK

justJACK

Levi Greenwood to debut, dont know much about him but he cost 94k, i think u should wait 1 week before u do these trades.

armyadam

Yeah theres not much around cash cow wise in the backs as far as I can see, so at this stage I might take the advice, wait and hold off and hope I can get the trade done next week when I know a little bit more. Might wait till late tomorrow if I can or if I am swayed either way by anyone on here.

Colty

tony73