Mark Williams

Started by dyslexiauntied, January 02, 2011, 04:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyslexiauntied

Mark Williams is at $166,600. I know he is small forward (don't score very well) and he has had not very good time since crossing from the hawks. He is finally fit and has dropped some weight. So is he worth a gamble at nearly first year players price, after a few big scoring games sell him. Most importantly I am not a fan of him or the bombers. The price is mighty tempting.

McRooster

The price is right, but is Mark's body?

dyslexiauntied

He is running well at training. If he doesn't playing in the pre-season I won't pick him. Guaranteed I won't hang on to him for the entire season, look for traded up when essendon have there bye, if not before.

McRooster

Quote from: dyslexiauntied on January 02, 2011, 05:10:21 PM
He is running well at training. If he doesn't playing in the pre-season I won't pick him. Guaranteed I won't hang on to him for the entire season, look for traded up when essendon have there bye, if not before.
+1? One question I have is that even though Kyle Hardingham couldn't seem to kick straight, they seemed to persist with him as that small forward type and if that plan continues and Kyle has been practicing his goal kicking in the off-season I can't see Mark getting a gig.
NAB will only be an indicator if Bombers make it past the first round when structures should re settle and we get an eye on what Hirdy has in store.

dyslexiauntied

I will look for Mark Williams during the preseason and if he is named on the Thursday night before the season starts. The Bombers do need some scoring power this has been lacking since Lloyd and Lucas both retired so they could play both him and Kyle.

McRooster

or Kyle and Gumby? and the likely move of Hurley forward.

nas

Reckon Hurley will move forward, but in saying that reckon if if hits the fan Hirdie will throw him down back so just maybe Williams will get a fair chance if that occurs.

dyslexiauntied

Williams is a forward pocket or half forward. Not a key position player. So good result for him would be 15 to 20 possessions and 3 or 4 goals. He may even have run in the midfield if his fitness has improved.

Hawka

he lost his mind wen he left the hawks for essendon

he is way way past his peak is 05 and 06 were he got 50+ goals are way way behind him

dyslexiauntied

His fitness went down hill and so did his effectiveness. He has it back now if the reports are right on essendon website. But he is only 28 in April surely he deserve consideration as cashcow. Being that he is only 166600 as cheap as an expensive rookie.

Junktimer

not sure he will ever return to his best form, very unlikely for me.

ronl

You guys forgot about Zaharakis, unless he moves into more of a midfield role you also have him crumbing along the half-forward line.  To my mind, Zaharakis could be the really big improver at Essendon this year.  He did an MCL late last year but should be over that by now.  He is a very handy, underrated player in my book.

nas

Quote from: ronl on January 03, 2011, 09:03:05 AM
You guys forgot about Zaharakis, unless he moves into more of a midfield role you also have him crumbing along the half-forward line.  To my mind, Zaharakis could be the really big improver at Essendon this year.  He did an MCL late last year but should be over that by now.  He is a very handy, underrated player in my book.

Could be right there also

elephants

i seem him as being a bit of a toss, just my opinion though, no for me.