Sam Sheldon yes or no

Started by dyslexiauntied, January 01, 2011, 01:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyslexiauntied

Sam Sheldon at $188,800. Is at high rookie price and has had very good pre-season so far. Brisbane missing midfielders due to the salary cap and other problems. In addition he is playing for one of the four clubs that is playing every dreamteam rounds due to the multiple byes. I was going to pick him or/and the Hi-5er Nathan Foley. Would he be a cashcow or his he too risky?

McRooster

I can't see him being a strong cash cow, after two seasons averaging only around 45 he would need to return at least 60's to provide enough return for investment in 188k.
Not many players improve by 15 points in a season, no for me.

elephants

too risky imo. other cheaper and safer options out there :) also if you want the car you dont want multi-bye players (or too many)

nas

Not for me also. bit too high in price also

Junktimer

no for me, he's a spud who only got a chance because his dad kicked the winning goal in the 79 grand final

elephants

dyslexiauntied

Do you think if he was crap the Lions would kept him on the list considering, who they got rid of? They also need to reduce the salary cap he would have been one of the first to go if was not very good footballer.

elephants

only time will tell wont it ?

Junktimer

oh well hes young so they are giving him a chance i guess.

dyslexiauntied

I think he may play more than a few games this season and score very well. What does he have to average to make him worthwhile?

dyslexiauntied

My thinking is with most of the midfield gone to other teams and with him kicking arse at training, he won't be just filling a spot on the bench. At the moment I am trying to find bargins that are training well.

McRooster

Quote from: dyslexiauntied on January 02, 2011, 04:35:39 PM
My thinking is with most of the midfield gone to other teams and with him kicking arse at training, he won't be just filling a spot on the bench. At the moment I am trying to find bargins that are training well.
Taylor Walker at the Crows is a stand out at training ATM, working very hard and has put more muscle on again, @ 266k he has improved 12 points on ave from his rookie year and everything points to him improving on that again. Talk last season was of him taking a high forward role similar to the way Buddy moves up to the wing but with the success of Collingwoods big men (Dawes and Cloke) in that clamp style he has beefed up and looks set to stay more at home around the 50. 7th forward ?

dyslexiauntied

Mark Williams is at $166,600 could be worth a shot, under Hirdy as coach. 

McRooster

Quote from: dyslexiauntied on January 02, 2011, 04:55:07 PM
Mark Williams is at $166,600 could be worth a shot, under Hirdy as coach.
Why not, very cheap  :)