Hayden Ballintine..2011

Started by dale93, January 02, 2011, 10:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyronerd

Quote from: elephants on January 03, 2011, 01:43:58 PM
many thought (like us) this was going to be his big breakout year :-/
yeah, i did get excited a bit every time he made a good score, but then hed make another 30 or so the next week  ::)

valkorum

Quote from: pyronerd on January 03, 2011, 01:45:17 PM
Quote from: elephants on January 03, 2011, 01:43:58 PM
many thought (like us) this was going to be his big breakout year :-/
yeah, i did get excited a bit every time he made a good score, but then hed make another 30 or so the next week  ::)

Thats the DT life of a small forward

elephants

yep and we have seen it so often....... ballantyne, shannon byrnes (cats), mark williams...the list goes on...

valkorum

Quote from: elephants on January 03, 2011, 02:00:46 PM
yep and we have seen it so often....... ballantyne, shannon byrnes (cats), mark williams...the list goes on...

Milne

elephants

Quote from: valkorum on January 03, 2011, 02:03:35 PM
Quote from: elephants on January 03, 2011, 02:00:46 PM

Milne

back in his day.... phillip matera :)

valkorum

elephants

to a much lesser extent....... ADAM SCHNEIDER

valkorum

I think we just gave plenty of examples why you shouldnt pick small forwards for DT :)

pyronerd

Quote from: valkorum on January 03, 2011, 02:11:22 PM
I think we just gave plenty of examples why you shouldnt pick small forwards for DT :)
unless they spend a lot of time in the midfield i.e. cyril  :P

McRooster

The game is bringing about the death of the small forward unless they can tackle (think of Leon Davis in his form slump before he became one of the Pies best forward defensive mechanisms with his pressure off the ball inside 50)

pyronerd

Quote from: McRooster on January 03, 2011, 03:32:58 PM
The game is bringing about the death of the small forward unless they can tackle (think of Leon Davis in his form slump before he became one of the Pies best forward defensive mechanisms with his pressure off the ball inside 50)
+1 all the flooding doesnt give small forwards enough room to work their magic often, that combined with players doing less fwd 50 bombing, gives less crumbing opportunities. small forwards are now only successful if they can more into the midfield, i.e. rioli, schneider, thomas or if they can also be a leading fwd i.e. lecras, milne

valkorum

Or niggling, chasing down tackling machines like Balla

pyronerd

Quote from: valkorum on January 03, 2011, 03:37:39 PM
Or niggling, chasing down tackling machines like Balla
i knew i forgot 1 category  ::), thanks valk  :P

valkorum

elephants

Quote from: valkorum on January 03, 2011, 02:11:22 PM
yep and I have no sympathy for those who pick them now that I have learnt my lesson