GAJ - if you don't have him.

Started by BlueBoy, April 20, 2009, 12:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBoy

So it's now been 4 weeks.  And the little superstar from Geelong's price will once again rise.  After a whopping 197points this round, those of us without him are feeling more and more stupid.

I didn't pick him with the pure hope he would drop (by not hitting a rediculous 130ave) in week 3 and i would snap him up then.  Sadly, like many other coaches, he's killing it.  And all we can do is prey that the Brisbane team get really physical with him.  Or at least someone can tag him.  Though that now seems impossible. 

As a carlton supporter, Juddy is the man for me, but GAJ is a star.  So much so its almost frustrating to know that he's pretty damn tough to stop.

So, this is to all the silly coaches that didn't pick him, not for all those "you guys are dickheads".  We took gambles, and now all we can prey for is a hamstring 2 mins in, leaving him with a score of 2.

mEnty

pray*

ridiculous*

He could still drop in price mate, have a few off games mid season (even if that seems unlikely at this stage). However, how many points would you have potentially missed out on by then if he was your captain the whole time.?

SimonOz

I have to admit he seems hell bent on trying to win that Brownlow this year.

Didnt pick him, saved some cash & picked Bartel, and will now spend the next four days deciding if I should trade in Bartel for GAJ.

Can anyone see ANY reason not to do it ?

Its just too many points every week

CyclopZ

If you didnt take him initially - im afraid we face an uphill battle in trying to get him. Im looking for one week when he doesnt hit that break even score and i will be all over him like white on rice!

I would love to turn say - Travis Tuck in a few weeks and Hayden Skipworth into him but i need Travis Tucks price to rise first.... im not interested in trading in any premiums for him because its to much of a sideways trade. Its just frustrating because everyone i face in the next 3 weeks has him in there team and i will be chasing my tale to find players to make up the ground that he makes on me..... Damn you Ablett and damn me for being so stupid for not taking him cause i would be very competitive if i had him - he is the missing link! Otherwise if i cant get him i will see how Ablett lite (Dal Santo) is going and maybe he might be an option.

All we can do is try to be patient i suppose..... what else can you do?!

evawes1

Man, I have some salary spare - and I am saving $200k of it to upgrade from a $480-500K player to Gary (currently the frontrunner is Winderlich). But OMG MAN, all he needs is a bad round (by his standards) and he'll be within price range. Its almost laughable - come on Gary, just rest for a week ;)

What sort of price are people wishing for? $650k? What sort of scores does he need to drop closer to 650? Personally a price back down to 680-700 would suit me - with my cash left. Thats reasonable right lol.....

But what about everyone else? What do you want to afford for the Gary?

Btw.... Gary Ablett Jnr destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognises the element of surprise.

Pweter

I'm thinking GAJ will hardly dip below $700K this year, if at all.

When making my initial side I had him in and out many times before I realised he will have one of the best years ever.

Why?

He's hungry.

Last season he was 2nd in the Brownlow, 2nd in the players association MVP, 2nd in the premiership race, 2nd in the Norm Smith ratings, did he even win Geelong's B&F (not sure personally).

I think he wants to win something this year, both individual and team.

evawes1

True. But surely he has to have dips under the 130 avg that earns him the $700k price.

Pweter

evawes1 I think you are right, he'll have some dips below 130 however these will be offset by his many games well above 130.

Banzai-

Joel Corey won Geelong's B&F.  Ablett did however win the Players Association MVP, not finish second, making him only the 4th repeat winner.  I'm guessing when this year's done he'll become the only man to win it 3 times.

SimonOz

Ablett's breakeven this week is now 105.

Started the year at 132.

Unbelieveable.........

nas

As a lot of people did I started GAJ,put a big "C" next to his name & then added the Big COX & then worked my team around them.

I look @ their scores & also read all the different comments here & have a small chuckle to myself.

Last week scored 2309 > being 496 from those 2. So I 'm pretty happy to say the least.

"That's my 50cents worth B4 Tax"