Junktimer's take: MID: Guns and Premiums

Started by Junktimer, December 19, 2010, 02:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junktimer

Wilkopolis

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does Geelong have the bye in the second week of fantasy league finals?  This being the case you can't seriously consider Geelong Premiums (Selwood, Bartel, Chapman) unless you believe you will finish top 4 and win the first league final week.

Junktimer

correct wilkopolis.  you gotta have confidence to pick them.

MajorLazer

It could be worth picking them as it may put you into the Top 4. They could be semi-unique and may be the edge you need. I am looking at Kreuzer and Ryder as I think that they can be unique because of their awkward byes.

Wilkopolis

I've gotta say Lazer that by discounting the Geelong midfield (Bartel, Selwood, Chapman, Corey) that I'm struggling to settle a Mid premium structure.  That plus the fact that I'm a Cats fan and it's killing me not picking any of the stars (add Enright and Kelly to the above list).

Swan is a given, after that it's a toss up between Cross, Montagna and Ablett for the other two premium spots.  The alternative might be to swing Delidio / Gibbs / Goddard back through the midfield so I can pick another Defender with upside (eg - Drummond).

MajorLazer

I think you should pick 1 or 2 Cats. You can't compromise the scoring potential of the team this much for the byes.

Different scenario, but I will take Hodge, because he is one of my favourite players nad I think he's worth a spot in my mids. My structure is looking like it may be 2 premiums and 4 rookies.

bomberboy0618

yeah i agree with ml, if ur that scared of the byes then why bother, sc is a risky game and this is why it is better than dt (i hate dt -.-)
but then again some people are confident, if the byes was this year i could have picked geelong players  as i went straight to all 3 prelims  :D :D :D

MajorLazer

Yes BB but 20/20 hindsight vision sure does help, doesn't it.