Main Menu

Australia's Next Captain

Started by RiOtChEsS, December 10, 2010, 01:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

White?

Why not pick Waugh, Taylor, Bradman, Sarah Palin or Will Smith. None of them are in the test team either ;)

Hussey for the short-term

reesbr

Cicjose

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Marcz on December 10, 2010, 01:54:59 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on December 10, 2010, 01:47:52 PM
Quote from: 8-6 Suited on December 10, 2010, 01:45:06 PM
Needs to be younger, so will likely be Tim Paine.
I prefer somebody young who can get International Experience and grow into a Captain. Give him some leadership duties every now and again for 2-3 years then let him take on Captaincy.
sounds like clarke is ur man HP
Clarke is too surrounded by off field antics. Prefer someone new who we can build from. Clarke is alright but many don't like him. Don't want to have a disliked man Captain the country.

RiOtChEsS

so far Cam White 5 votes 27yo Shane Watson 3 votes 30yo Tim Paine 2 votes 27yo Mike Hussey 2votes 35yo...

Hawka

north maybe if he gets bak in the team

McRooster

Quote from: roo boys! on December 10, 2010, 01:27:36 PM
I still believe Watto could be our man.
Last night Darren Lehmann made an excellent point when asked 'what about Watto as Captain' by David Wildy on Adelaide radio - he said "impossible for him to go out and open, take the second or third spell with the pill and have enough room left to focus mentally on the tactical play and make the correct strategical changes when required. He'll be too ensconsed in his own play to worry about the team. Captains have enough to do, believe me..............well that's why I'm paid to talk about cricket and you are on a radio show"
On this mornings radio show David Wildy was still not convinced  :P

Lehmann backed Michael Clarke if Ricky was to vacate the position.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: McRooster on December 11, 2010, 04:48:22 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on December 10, 2010, 01:27:36 PM
I still believe Watto could be our man.
Last night Darren Lehmann made an excellent point when asked 'what about Watto as Captain' by David Wildy on Adelaide radio - he said "impossible for him to go out and open, take the second or third spell with the pill and have enough room left to focus mentally on the tactical play and make the correct strategical changes when required. He'll be too ensconsed in his own play to worry about the team. Captains have enough to do, believe me..............well that's why I'm paid to talk about cricket and you are on a radio show"
On this mornings radio show David Wildy was still not convinced  :P

Lehmann backed Michael Clarke if Ricky was to vacate the position.
agreed... players need to be groomed to captain too its rare u just throw a bloke in the deep end and he excels... even if watto was batting 6 and not bowling i dont see him as a captain just doesnt carry himself that way... however the last bonehead michael clarke captaincy blunder i remember was against NZ earlier this year i think in a ODI and NZ needed 4 off the last over with anyone to choose from he chucked the pill to shaun tait :o wide wide 4 game over u eeeeediot >:(