0 (0%)
1 (14.3%)
3 (42.9%)
1 (14.3%)
1 (14.3%)
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

hally25547

This is my first crack at my 2011 Dream Team.  My structure this year is premiums, cheapies and rookies (on fanplanner it is 11/4/10/8)
I would really appreciate it if you rated my team and added some suggestions - criticism is welcome

Cheers 

Backs: Goddard (C), Hodge (C), Lake, Kelly (C), Adcock, Otten, Tendai Mzungu - Richardson, McCarthy, Toy

Mids: Swan, Boyd, Swallow, Gaff, Polec, Heppell (B) - Atley, Krakouer, Liberatore

Rucks: Sandlilands, Petrie (F) - Gorringe, Lycett

Forwards: Didak (C), Sylvia (C), Thomas, Reiwoldt, Rioli, Leroy Jetta, Knights - Prestia, Smith Tapscott

McRooster

Mids are a little light.
I understand you intend on MPP Heppell from centre to down back as required to bring in a MPP rear guard gun to the mids but you could still use one more star midfielder.

Starting 3 backs with the long lay offs of Adcock and Otten are risky, plus the untried Mzungu, may need bolstering.

Rucks nice.

Fwds nice too but with two Pies it might make the bye rounds tough to cover with the likes of Tapscott (yet to stamp himself in Dees young side)

DT87

I actually like this team enough to give it a generous 9/10. My main issues with it are starting both Didak and Thomas (bad idea, especially if you want to win your league - having to cover for Swan, Dids and Daisy means you will score pretty low in rounds 7 and 13) and the 7 rookie midfield (just seems like one too many to me, it will affect your scoring too much early, although the MPP compensates for this somewhat). You have also put a bit too much money into your forward bench that could be better used elsewhere (upgrading one of your back rookies to Ben Jacobs would be a good move). Otherwise it is a very good team. Jetta is a bit of a risky unique, but he certainly has the potential to play 22 games and raise his average this year.

hally25547

thanks for the feedback guys.

@ McRooster and DT87 - i was thinking of upgrading one of my rookie mids but i thought that the rookie mids are better than the other rookie positions so i thought that i should bolster my forward and backlines and then just upgrade my midfield throughout the year. I think i will change didak for franklin because i hate didak. Who do you recommend for my midfield upgrade and who should i downgrade to get the cash? - i have 1000 in the kitty. and which rookie id should i upgrade?

cheers

knightmare

do you have anything against brandon matera? id think downgrade jetta to matera netting you 230ish k.
Sylvia is a such a random player, him and heath shaw biggest yoyo's in the game imho.  My team will have Brownie depending on his preseason. Sylvia to Brown gives another 40k.
Zac Smith in the ruck is a lock 84k and will play 20+ games, Gorringe and lycett are future players.
With 270k id look at upgrading one mid Libba is least likely to play the most of the season but you can afford a selwood or bartel instead of gaff/polec/heppell.

I do like your premiums all gauranteed to be superstars again this year

hally25547

this is my updated team - better or worse? i downgraded didak and upgraded polec. i swapped gorringe for smith in the rucks and upgraded adcock to broughton. there are some other changes as well. what do you think?

Backs: Goddard (C), Hodge (C), Lake, Kelly (C), Broughton, Otten, Tendai Mzungu - Richardson, McCarthy, Toy

Mids: Swan, Boyd, Stanton, Swallow, Gaff, Heppell (B) - Atley, Krakouer, Liberatore

Rucks: Sandlilands, Petrie (F) - Smith, Lycett

Forwards: Sylvia (C), Thomas, Reiwoldt, Rioli, Leroy Jetta, Knights, Prestia - Matera, Smith, Tapscott

i have 8000 left

browny_wce

look elsewhere from Stanton atm, see how his preseason is and if he is MPP
really did not perform that well this year

dale93

Same backline as most paople have

suezella

i am so sad that saints kilda lost last year and this year da javascript:void(0);

DT87

Don't pick Stanton. He's your third Essendon player, and they have the Round 24 bye. Pretty much every midfielder around Stanton's price is a better pick than Stanton. I'd swap him for Marc Murphy, since you are obviously more interested in the overall win than the league win.

hally25547

Quote from: DT87 on December 08, 2010, 10:18:22 AM
Don't pick Stanton. He's your third Essendon player, and they have the Round 24 bye. Pretty much every midfielder around Stanton's price is a better pick than Stanton. I'd swap him for Marc Murphy, since you are obviously more interested in the overall win than the league win.

woops i didnt realise that - i think i might get in andrew swallow or someone around that price then.