goddard gibbs(bac imo) delidio kelly otten richardson mzungu
toy jacobs heppel(c/b)

swan judd hodge chapman swallow gaff
wallis krakeour wellar

sandi petrie
smith bailey
rewoldt didak pavlich rioli knights prestia i.smith
callinan darling matera

now i know alot of people will be unhappy about the two backline rookies. but i think you need to look at the strenght of rookies this year and imo it is clearly in the backline. gibbs imo will be a back. apart from that i am extermely happy and i think i have got a goood mix of mpp.

so please give it a rating out of 10.

Torress

i think potentially starting 2 rookies in ur backs does have merit for 2011. you've gone top of the range mids as u have the money. swan judd hodge are all dam good starters. don't get me wrong u have prob got the best spread of mpp's i've seen but i'd be more so looking to pair rookies mpp's with prems, not prems with prems. i see more value with pairing rookies and prems. but u obviously have to wait and see closer to the season starts on whom will be a good rookie mpp!
pretty solid tho mate, yea if gibbs is considered a back it will be nice - but i wouldn't be so sure. if not broughton is a good fit instead of gibbs down back, u only have sandi so not too many dockers already - u do have mzunga => IMO will not be a given like ppl seem to think, freo have a decent backline these days and he will undoubtably start towards the bottom of the pecking order, he aint no certainity for a round 1 birth                                      9/10    ..... just cos u have 2 rookie starters in ur backs and 1 in ur forward

as far as the prems go, if i were to change anyone i'd personally drop thomas, i can't see him improving on last season but i guess he is durable - but u can prob take a punt on soeone cheaper - besides u already have didak in ur forward line and swan as well within mids. if u are dead set on chappy, place him in for thomas and find yourself a nicely priced mid - could be foley if fit.  he should be a good cash cow if he starts well. happy supercoaching!

Luigi197

Hey; i rated it a 8.5 atm :) ...

BACKS: Kelly may be a slow starter, try Gilbee instead? Not sure about Cripps, try Jacobs instead?
MIDS: Not sure who Wellar is, try Wallis instead?
RUCKS:  :-\  ??? OK; don't know... ?  :D They are good though  ;)
FORWARDS: Thomas with Didak may not be good as they both wont score good, one or the other; i'd try Betts, Harvey or J Roo? Not sure about Callanan, try Lamb?

Pretty good first attempt  :D

Luigi  ;D

PS: Remember that, after you put forward alterations, to edit your original post and to not re-post your team; and re-order the players if you have to :)  Thanks

pyronerd

ill give it 9, i agree that the strength of rookies is in the back next year more so then any other position, and i would be inclined to go with one of didak or sidebottom, and not have thomas

Junktimer

Quote from: starz on December 18, 2010, 10:47:35 AM
goddard gibbs(bac imo) delidio kelly otten richardson mzungu
toy cripps hibberd

swan judd hodge chapman swallow gaff
wallis krakeour wellar

sandi petrie
smith mcdonald

rewoldt didak goodes thomas rioli knights i.smith
callinan darling matera

now i know alot of people will be unhappy about the two backline rookies. but i think you need to look at the strenght of rookies this year and imo it is clearly in the backline. gibbs imo will be a back. apart from that i am extermely happy and i think i have got a goood mix of mpp.

so please give it a rating out of 10.

backs: i like it, only minor thing i would change is get rid of cripps, ross lyon has a terrible history of playing first year players, and st kilda have a sweet defence.  i would get jacobs or coad as a replacement.  -0.5

mids: good line.  not sure about wallis or weller, would change that. -0.5

rucks: cant fault it.

fwds: dont like goodes at all.  was not consistent at all this year, and pulled a few stinkers for me.  not sure why you have callinan either as you already have a few MPPs.  -1

Overall a nice team, 8/10.

can you rate mine?

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23368.0.html

j959

starz, it's a nice team but i'm gonna be a bit harsh though try to be constructive about it.

not worrying about your bench rooks too much cos bit far out from kick-off and likely to change.

7/10 - want you to consider the following as food for thought:

Mids - Hodge and Chappy are great (and assuming you've got them there for MPP) but wouldn't it be better to have them in def and fwd lines to take advantage of other mid opportunities?? (missing out on that mid premium goodness Boyd, Hayes, etc, etc)

you can get MPP going thru trades later in the season - you should hopefully have enough bench rook cover in the early rounds not to have to rely on MPP initially.

luigi - think he means Mav Weller from GC??

Fwds - i'd follow Torress' comments about Didak-Thomas, one of them should go to make way for Chappy - I don't have an issue with Thomas, think he'll do as good this season as the last - on GF performances (both of them) alone, could indicate a new level of consistency and maturity in his play. Rioli and Issac Smith mean 2 Hawks in your fwd line, maybe sub Issac with a cheap Petterd (no league byes for Melb) or find another rook from a different team

Knowall

Gave this team a 9/10
Two reasons why it wasnt a ten
I think this year is the year not to have chappy- potential injury worries, very expensive, may play different role.  Not sure about having Didack and Thomas either.
Also dont think u choice of rookies are great ie callinan.

Apart from that cant fault ur team, its very well spread through each position.

starz

thanks bruz. i am going to take the risk on chapman this year. i know its risky.
changed my team a bit. i didnt realise but i was over the salary cap. also i realised in round 2 the adelaide players wont be playing therefore i think it is crucial that i have heppel with his (c/b) status.

new thoughts anyone???????

Junktimer

i have no problem with chappy either

Maca24

Quote from: Luigi197 on December 18, 2010, 02:28:00 PM
Hey; i rated it a 8.5 atm :) ...

BACKS: Kelly may be a slow starter, try Gilbee instead? Not sure about Cripps, try Jacobs instead?
MIDS: Not sure who Wellar is, try Wallis instead?
RUCKS:  :-\  ??? OK; don't know... ?  :D They are good though  ;)
FORWARDS: Thomas with Didak may not be good as they both wont score good, one or the other; i'd try Betts, Harvey or J Roo? Not sure about Callanan, try Lamb?

Pretty good first attempt  :D

Luigi  ;D

PS: Remember that, after you put forward alterations, to edit your original post and to not re-post your team; and re-order the players if you have to :)  Thanks
why do you have2 do that luis? lol
anyway i think kelly is a great choice and you should keep him.
put jacobs and heppell on the field instead of your bench. and 4 premium mids is kool  :)