2 (15.4%)
No
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

ossie85

Mark LeCras

2010 Stats
Games: 21
Total Score: 1726 (Ranked 86th overall, 18th amongst forwards)
Average Score: 82.19 (Ranked 132nd overall, 28th amongst forwards)
High: 226 (Round 16)
Low: 13 (Round 5)
Standard Deviation: 39.45
Centuries: 2 out of 21
Starting Price: $448,400
High Price: $546,300 (round 8 )
Low Price: $351,500 (round 11)

Summary:

Oooh... Ahh... Mark LeCras was the cry this season. Having a break-out year in an otherwise dismal season for the Eagles, Mark LeCras scored an incredible 63.24, made the All-Australian team and thrilled the crowd with his freakish ability.

Supercoach wise though? He was not that impressive, an average of 82.19 puts him only at 28th on the forwards list (to put that in prespective, less than Travis Varcoe, Tom Rockliff and Ryan Houlihan - none of which would have even been considered for All Aus).

He scored only 2 centuries (back-to-back in rounds 16 and 17). However, one of those centuries was a massive 12 goal, 226 SC points that had coaches in raptures. In the space of 3 weeks, LeCras went from $372,900 to $546,300, but by the end of the season, had lost almost all of it to fall back under $400k.

LeCras standard deviation if very high, and usually indicates a very inconsistent player. But, if you take away his double century, he falls from a standard deviation of 39.45 to a much more respectable 22.26. But his average also plummets to 75!

The Crystal Ball:

Based on last year's magic number
Price: $436,500

Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $415,600

Position: FWD

Believe it or not, LeCras actually starts the year CHEAPER than he did last year. His average in 2009 was slightly better than that of 2010, and an average of 80 odd would probably be about right if he stays in the forward line all year. However, Eagles coach John Worsfold has flagged that he wants LeCras in the midfield, and this could see his output increase to over 100 in SC in my opinon. An Eagles midfield of LeCras, Priddis, Selwood, a fit Kerr and a bunch of youngsters would actually be competitive.

Decision:

I'm giving him a touch and go rating. If he moves into the midfield, he could have a lot of value. There's just no guarantee he will do that though, because who will kick the Eagles goals if not LeCras? Eagles only have the one bye during the year, and should be easily covered.

benjy251090

With the emergence of Wilson up front that may free LeCras up into the mids. I will watch his preseason to see where he is played so shortlisted for me

S_Coach99

Wilson just means someone like Lynch/Hansen will get less game time, LeCras is the small man up forward, if he's going the mids, some other smaller players will be needed up there, couple of young Weedan or new player,

I wouldn't expect LeCras to get much midfield time this season unless one of those young guys can fill his void

But if he can kick a few more of those bags, he'll be value :D

ossie85

LeCras also recently signed a contract extension with the Eagles... I've seen players not play as hard once they've got a few years on contract :)

Fletch74

Nice work Ossie with the summary. Le Cras is touch & go for me too. Apart from that double century against the Dons his average may seem a little low, but he can definitely improve.

I'll be watching him in the pre-season.

Maca24

watch him preseason. unlikely at this stage but wont rule him out.

Master Q

Might get him during the season but I doubt I'll start with him.
--------------------------
Love your Cricket? Watching the Ashes? Click Here!

Barlow 21

Very incosistent which is a real problem.

MajorLazer

Hasn't been in my plans and will have to start to score consistently like Barlow said.

Might get him if he seems to be unique though. Will get Rioli as an X factor though.

Junktimer

very inconsistent, doesnt get many tons.

i may be ridiculed for saying this, but he actually isnt a great SC player.  only scores high when he kicks an absolute bag, doesnt get enough of the ball.

very unlikely