Main Menu

RANT!

Started by MTTY, April 29, 2011, 12:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

Tonight has highlighted a lot of things for me.

. Dean Bailey - has one game plan and doesnt feel the need to mix things up. Some exaples of this was that with Frawley struggling why not throw him forward for a while then play Green in the backline.
. Marking opposition players- We may be blooding youth but they dont have the legs to go with experienced players.
. Contested marks- We were absolutely flogged tonight in this even when it looked like we would mark it or when we had more numbers, we were constantly outmarked.
. Experience- We need it, we need to get players like Matthew Bate and Matthew Warnock back into the side.
. No heart- Noone showed this tonight at all, we need our leader to stand up and lead by example players like Green certainly didnt do that tonight.
. Frawley- He is not ready to be back in the AFL, he has been rushed back and need some time in the VFL.
. Responsibility- None of the team took it tonight, players were quick to say things like that wasn't my man, with noone admitting to this it ended with players dropping their heads and not wanting to contest.
. Slow start- I don't know what it is but we have started slow in every single 1st Q this year, and it is killing us.
. No effort- There was no effort anywhere on the ground, apart from i believe Jack Watts.
. Playing on- We played on at every oppurtunity, even if the player had a man on him, teaching this to young guys while beneficial for the future you have to get it into their heads that they have to show and be aware when doing this dn't just rush into playing it on to another player until you have quickly and effectively looked around him.

Well there is the issues that we have the one thing i am happy about is the way in which Watts played, didnt drop his head was one of few who won contested ball, and took marks.

Cruiseon

All fair enough, I think it's fair enough that there is frustration down at Melbourne after a lot of patience.

I have it from very good authority that there are some growing divisions within the club which Jim Stynes had to personally address in recent weeks. I can't say too much but let's just say some departments within the club are not quite respecting other departments.

ossie85

Not good enough from Melbourne atm, I've always had a soft spot for them.

Said at the start of the year that I thought Bailey could get the sack by round 7. If they lose the next two badly....

I'm all for brooding youth, but the handing of McDonald and Bruce was terrible, and I'm not sure if Bailey has the player's respects. Reminds me of the Knights/Lloyd fiasco a bit

MTTY

Yeah its absolutely shocking within the club also :-\