Trade suggestions - Mackie and Anthony

Started by CyclopZ, April 16, 2009, 12:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyclopZ

Hi Guys,

Long time reader - first time poster.

I currently have been getting into the Supercoach this year and thought i had a solid team....averages about 2100 a round. I really want to take the next step and start to get rid of some guys that are just not cutting it. I was thinking about making 2 changes this week and would like to know if you think they are beneficial or a waste of time.

My back line is as follows - Goddard, Newman, S McMahon, Houlihan, Cornes, Mackie and Petrenko with Broughton and Cheney on the bench

My thinking at the moment is to get rid of Mackie who i think was a bad decision and picking up Gilbert. This would get me a guy on the up who plays contested footy and potentially more points and will save me some cash.

The other was to trade Liam Anthony for Beams who will be going up in price and plays hard and should make me some cash.

I currently have 18 trades left in the bank going into round 4. I also have no injuries and everyone in my team is playing except for Anthony.

Am i being a bit premature or do you think i should hold on to Mackie and Anthony (who i understand is about 3 weeks away)

Would love to hear your suggestions.

BlueBoy

I would've done that trade last week tbh. 

Mackie is a price holder.  If you intend on keeping him all year, then i'd keep him, but i really think he's not worth keeping.  Geelong seem to be a bit short on defenders and he gets locked down, plus i dont think he's ever really been a great SC scorer.

Anthony for Beams is a pretty good trade i would say.  Beams you can rely on to play most games, he's better than a lot of other collingwood players!

The usual idea is to keep trades as long as possible, but i like to spread mine out.  So if you can use 4-5 in the first 6 weeks, i think thats pretty good.

Dees for the Draft

Mackie hasn't been brilliant so far, but he's still a decent choice, abit a better DT choice.

I'd look carefully at your options if you're going to trade Mackie, as for the Anthony-Beams trade - do it.

Anthony won't go up in value for another 4 weeks (2 injured + 2 played), but Beams will this week, it'll make you a lot of cash in those 4 weeks.

bazza16

I have
Ablett|Dal Santo|Rich|Ray|Hazle|Foley B: Wells and Anthony

SO i WILL keep anthony, but could possibly trade out wells or foley for beams- ?? SHOULd i? Having 400k on the bench is hurting my structure (along with houli in the back)

CyclopZ

Thanks for all the input guys - definetly has given me some food for thought.

I will probably go ahead and make the changes when the teams are announced. I did look at Hurn but i think with the St Kilda backline having a bit of structure i think Gilbert should continue to thrive and make some good scoring games and make a bit more cash than Mackie. The other i looked at was Hurn who is also cheap but i like Gilbert is a better pick.

Once that has been completed i will be looking to make one more change next week and that will be taking a good look at O'keefe in the forward line.... he just does not look interested at all.... if he does not fire up soon - he might lose his spot for the likes of S.Johnson, Richo, Didak.... but i hope he comes good.

My forward line has a bit disapointing - Pav, Franklin, Deledio, O'Keefe...... just not getting it done.

bazza16

INteresting bout the forward line there
i went with an unusual forward structure- with no ultra premiums, but with every player having the ability to score 100+
at the start of the year it was
Chapman|Goodwin|Fevola|Higgins|Skip|KRak|HEntschell|Walker|Taylor
now of course i have switched Hentschell for Ziebell.....
This forward line looks week, but has served me well-
the only weak spot coming from Goodwin- my decision to not get any ultra-premiums was not pre-planned, but just fell there sortof... and i am glad i didn't chose
with the likes of Harvey, Reiwoldt, Deledio, Pavlich ETC all falling.....

I wont get hurn or gilbert because i din't get them earlier and if i get them i will be pissing my pants over it

CyclopZ

Thats fair enough - I suppose im just trying to set up my side so i will not have to touch it for a good few rounds atleast. I want my rooks to make me some cash and then i will be looking to upgrade a few of them to premiums later with the trades i have saved.

I am chasing my tail after the whole 'not picking Ablett' in my team has kept me chasing my tail in my league. I will be doing everything i can to work him into the side - he is on top of my biggest needs list.

bazza16

WoW (word of warning) + possibly shower for you
would be crap if after spending 5 trades to work for ablett, he got injured.........

mt_williams22

Contemplating trading:
Foley (rich) for Swallow (kang)
Anthony (kang) for Beams (coll) or Zaharakis (esse)

Any suggestions??