Shaggy's Potential Picks 2011

Started by 8-6 Suited, October 14, 2010, 01:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-6 Suited

Used FanPlanner to get a 2011 team going, first draft of course. Will be making a lot of changes to this line up during the preseason and after the draft's but as it stands, it is as such.

Backs: B. Goddard (C/B), L. Hodge (C/B), B. Houli (C/B) A. Smith, J. Laidler, M. Watson
Bench: C. Johnson, T. Mzungu, S. Iles

Mids: D. Swan, J. Selwood, A. Krakeour (C/F), D. Swallow, D. Hanneberry, S. Atley
Bench: M. Wallis, B. Martin, N. Djerrkurra.

Rucks: A. Sandilands, S. Jacobs.
Bench: S. Day, M. Seaby.

Fwds: N. Riewoldt, A. Didak, J. Riewoldt, C. Wilson, D. Petrie (R/F), J. Grant.
Bench: P. Veszpremi,  J. Darling --- Rockliff if possible will be here, dropping Wilson to Bench ----

A lot of rookies, but those are those being considered. Final decisions will have to wait for preseason and where drafted too ultimately.

Opinions?

benjy251090

No offence to you, but this is one of the more average sides I have seen so far

Backs: If that is A Smith from West Coast I think it will be his second season. Laidler hasn't had much scoring opportunities at the cats so not sure on his scoring capability, how much is he? Might be one for the bench rather than starting.

Mids: Is that Brodie Martin of the Crows? If so, not a fan of him for on your bench. Also look to get Daniel Harris in there, should have a good season, maybe good enough to keep, if not, definitely will earn you plenty of cash.

Rucks: Sandilands and Day are fine I feel, but Jacobs and Seaby both there I am not a fan of, I wouldn't mind if you started Seaby, will be cheap, and then downgraded Jacobs to someone, possibly Majak Daw, basement price and gives you MPP to use with Petrie.

Forwards: Callum Wilson might do alright, I think he is B/F as well, so could change A. Smith up back to Hurley or someone else who is B/F in your backline. J. Grant will be second year so may have those second year blues, but, may do well with Johnson retiring. Rockliff and Veszpremi on the bench is a lot, especially Rockliff, look at downgrading one of these, Matera looks good for GC as well as Butcher for Port as rookies.

8-6 Suited

As I said, its only potentials. No where near the side I would be using. They are all the people whom I will be watching. I should have made it a bit clearer in my post, but I am nowhere near concerned about my team just yet.

As you can tell, there is a lot of risky players there whom would depend on Preseason. A lot of rookies as well, and a few options for different positions (IE: Ruck) that have multiple starting players in a start/bench. It's all going to depend on how the draft works for each team, and the preseason.

Back: Only 5 certainties from these players will be there next season in SC> Houli, Goddard, Hodge, Iles and Mzungu. The rest will be undecided until late depending on form. Smith, second season or not means little to me. I'm not superstitious.

Midfield: Swan, Hanneberry, Krakeour, Atley, Selwood, Swallow will be there 100%. Between Wallis and Djerrkura will depend on gametime. Harris is also on my list but only could pick 9 :P Martin is a decent scorer on SC for cheap but only if he gets games would he be considered.

Ruck: If Mummy is getting games, Seaby likely wont so wont be there. If Maric stays starter, Jacobs wont be. Only certainties are Sandilands and Day.

Forwards: Will likely get only the 1 reiwoldt, Rocky would be on the field, not on the bench as he is consistant. Darling will be solid as he is ready to go for AFL. It would be something along these lines of gauranteed. 1 Reiwoldt most likely Nick. Didak, Wilson & Petrie, as well as Rockliff and Darling. The other spots are still open.

This is just to point out who I am looking at merely Benjy. ;)

benjy251090

Haha, that's ok then, and makes a lot more sense, it is only October so still plenty of time to make it less raw :)

Maca24

its definitely unique. bit risky for me though. 6.5 outta 10

tferrier18

By the way...you only have 6 starting backs and fwds instead of 7