Main Menu

Well Done Scotty

Started by bunyip, February 26, 2011, 10:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunyip

it was good to see Scotty play so many kids against a full strength St.Kilda. He would have known what would happen, but it was the right decision.
It would have been a shock to some of the younger players, how far they actually are from senior standard. It should motivate them to train harder and learn how to play.

Cruiseon

Who do you think might establish themselves this year from the younger brigade Bunyip?

I keep asking people here in London and they have no idea.

ossie85

I liked the look of Horlin-Smith and Simpkin

Milton

Mitch Duncan played well .. Simpkin was reasonable but played better in the previous round .. T.Hunt, Horlin-Smith, Guthrie, Christensen, Motlop and Menzel did enough to get another look in .. Cowan tries hard but looks to rush things and probably hasn't got to the pace of the game yet .. Ben Johnson has a way to go .. one thing's for sure they'll all play better if they get a chance when more of the senior players are back

Scott said that they'll now know how much they have to improve .. hope they didn't look at Enright's game and say .. 'gee we only have to get to that level' .. he had a shocker and might say something about being a better player in a better team

bunyip

Mitch Duncan was definately the stand out. We have a few guys like Menzel and Hogan who got a few games last season that should improve.
it's a case of getting games under them so they can improve steadily.

Alex7089

I agree bunyip. IMO the Geelong era is coming to a close, and now they need to make some tough decisions while they still have some of their guns so they don't fall all the way down to bottom 4 in 3-4 years time. Scott made a step in the right direction :D