2 (12.5%)
NO
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

ossie85

Daniel Cross

2010 Stats
Games: 22
Total Score: 2507 (Ranked 5th overall, 5th amongst midfielders)
Average Score: 113.95 (Ranked 11th overall, 10th amongst midfielders)
High: 144 (Round 11)
Low: 70 (Round 4)
Standard Deviation: 19.36
Centuries: 17 out of 22
Starting Price: $549,500
High Price: $567,700 (round 3)
Lowest Price: $505,900 (round 6)

Summary:

One of my biggest regrets of the SC year was not choosing Daniel Cross. My younger brother selected Daniel Cross, and in the end, in order to more differentiate my team from his, chose somebody else. Since then, he seems to have been spiting me because of it. 17 centuries out of 22 (and a 99!), a low of 70. An insanely consistent year with a very low 19.36 standard deviation. EXTREMELY low in fact for someone who scores so highly. His price never dipped below $500k, which is a testament to his constant centuries. Oh, and it the Dogs two finals so far this year he has scored 96 and a season high 145.

Finished 5th overall for the year, played all 22 games, and finished the year with 8 consecutive centuries. He had the perfect SC year. I still can't believe he didn't make the All-Aus short list - my only real problem with that list

The Crystal Ball:

Based on last year's magic number

Price: $605,200
Position: MID

Cross further gives me pain by being priced over $600k for next year. Sigh. I'd wager Cross will have another 100+ average season. He is just that sort of player.

Decision:

Definitely on my short list. However, his price is so damn pricey I may hope he drops during the year and be an upgrade target. He will probably be unique next year also.

Live and die by the Cross?

benjy251090

he is on the short list, but he is likely to be an upgrade target, not a starter as he never rose to this price during the season!

BigV

One of my first pick next season, could've got him and K Cornes in addition to Ablett and Swan.

Fletch74

Wow, Mr Consistency!! never knew it was that good. Might be just a bit too pricey for my liking compared to others at that price, but I will be watching him.

roo boys!

I had him all year and he was one of my fav players, my Cross/Boyd combo worked absolutely great but I think I may only get one next year because of the bye.

Master Q

Aidans Blues

Too expensive, probably an upgrade target. Will watch closely.

Wilkopolis

No to start, but will be the Doggy midfielder I would most likely upgrade to.

DazBurg

probably an upgrade target for me too..

benjy251090

seems to be a recurring answer here, should add a poll option for 'upgrade option' as well on players

HillHero13

as you said about your little brother he can be the x factor in some games... i was the only one who had him in all of my 3 leagues... short list for next year

DazBurg

Quote from: benjy251090 on September 13, 2010, 11:07:44 PM
seems to be a recurring answer here, should add a poll option for 'upgrade option' as well on players
i do add that to the ones i do

thatguy

vastly underrated due to his handball/kick ratio.

gem of a player tho