Broughton
3 (60%)
Grimes
0 (0%)
Other
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 0

hally25547

Who should i pick out of Grimes and Broughton - or someone else in that price range. My current backline is Goddard, Hodge, Kelly, Deledio, Grimes/Broughton, Adcock, Jacobs, Toy, Mzungu, Richardson

Grimes:
Pros - Cheaper than Broughton, good kick to handball ratio, could be part of the midfield rotation, should improve with an improving melbourne side
Cons - Injury prone, could be a tagger

Broughton:
Pros - likes to tackle, DT peak age - 25, solid average from last year and should keep improving
Cons - Injury prone, could have already "broken out" and wont improve much, more expensive than grimes

Please give reasons why. Cheers Hally :)

elephants

broughton :)

but i have both so i dont like looking at the pros and cons hahaha :)

Justin Bieber

It's a tough choice. Although both have a chance in my team, have to give it to Broughton right now. Both are injury prone but he is quite consistent compared to Grimes.

Grimes has a changing role depending on the opponent. Sometimes he's a loose backman, sometimes plays in the Back pocket, other times he's thrown into a tagging role or is even tagged (forward-tagged). I would prefer him to be locked into 1 position as he could excel in that instead of being swithced around.

McRooster

Broughton doesn't appear to be liked very much by Harvey and subsequently his role is defined by the opposition he faces rather than allowing him the flow of open running and creating his own space and ball. When he is allowed of the leash is when he pulls the big numbers but Harv I think will use him this year as more of a stopper and let Hill take the run. With Morabito going down, that stopping role will go to Broughton all the more.
Grimes for me is too expensive for the return you get. His injuries seem to come at the right time to keep protecting his high price and I feel he my be nursed this year early and begin his assault once it looks like Demons might make the finals.
Neither ATM.

hally25547

so then who do you suggest McRooster at around that price range

McRooster

Quote from: hally25547 on December 21, 2010, 11:19:18 PM
>>>>>Rooster goes to check fanplanner

Deledio. I have him ATM.

Junktimer

nas

Quote from: McRooster on December 21, 2010, 11:22:27 PM
Quote from: hally25547 on December 21, 2010, 11:19:18 PM
>>>>>Rooster goes to check fanplanner

Deledio. I have him ATM.

Duffield?

elephants

i am taking duffman instead of broughton. i think both will score very similarly but i love duffman hahah :)

Justin Bieber

I go for Duffy as an upgrade option but that's just me.

Boomz

I like Grimes better so Grimes but really I don't think much will split them.

elephants

i think duffman, broughton and grimes will all score similar so in the end there is not a lot of difference :)

all will be in my team come the end of the year though :)

j959

Quote from: elephants on December 23, 2010, 06:30:34 PM
i think duffman, broughton and grimes will all score similar so in the end there is not a lot of difference :)

all will be in my team come the end of the year though :)
+1

I think it might be best to have all those 3 as upgrade targets - stick to the reliable Goddard, Kelly, Hodge (if named as back), etc with your speccys like Otten with your rookie/s and then look to upgrade a bit later in the season when you've got a better idea of how Broughton is used or whether Grimes is going to be durable/reliable enough

what do you think?

elephants

hodge has been comfirmed as a mid ONLY.

SydneyRox

I am on the Neither side as well. Mcroosters pick of Delids fits in with my team also.... After God and Gibbs then Otten and rookies....