Main Menu

2011 sc strategies??

Started by WatsamataU, August 23, 2010, 02:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WatsamataU

With bye's next year. I think using the bench and mpp rule effectively will play a vital part in succeeding this year. I am thinking about using 1.4 million just on my bench (8 players=175,000 per player) with an mpp in each position.

I am also curious to see what other strategies people use/will use

Justin Bieber

Will be sacrificing your on field score though :-\. Alot of cash on bench.

I'll be trying to use MPP if possibly but will depend on the rookies available. If a few good ones are up forward/back, I'll use a spot in the midfield for a MPP (i.e Goddard/Chappy/Dids/Pav).

I'll load up on some rookies who'll play early/throughout the year. These guys will be my bench with maybe 1 cheap conistently playing player in each position (bar rucks).

RiOtChEsS

be bold take risks will be my strategy at the selection table

Justin Bieber

Mine will be unique again 8).

Hawka

lol hello didnt m0nty do that and fail

Prospector_1

Quote from: WatsamataU on August 23, 2010, 02:23:11 PM
I am thinking about using 1.4 million just on my bench (8 players=175,000 per player) with an mpp in each position.

Bench will be 11 players ...

nas

Quote from: Prospector_1 on August 25, 2010, 09:35:26 PM
Quote from: WatsamataU on August 23, 2010, 02:23:11 PM
I am thinking about using 1.4 million just on my bench (8 players=175,000 per player) with an mpp in each position.

Bench will be 11 players ...

$1.925 mill on the pine whoa lot of dead money there

CFC 1979

i don't think it will be dead money

difference next year is 1 team will have a bye on 19 rounds + 3 teams will have a bye for 5 rounds so there is every chance you will need your bench every week just for byes. also i am not sure if there is going to be a split round ( FFS )

i have to crunch the numbers and strategy but i think this area will be the most important. You wouldn't want to lock your side away for round 1 and then find you didn't put enough thought into your bench. Your 24 trades will disappear very quickly. current 16 team model you can load up with rookies confident all your prem's will play

Also your backs/mids/ruck/foward set up wrt how many from each team you have and if you decide to have two from the one team on the same line will be a major concern. next year there will be no 4 cats on the one line i think

initial thoughts would be;

1 player only from a single team on each line. this may be able to increase to 2
bench positions - 1 midrange player and 2 rookies or 2 midrange and 1 rookie on each line
nailing the right premiums/mids/rookies from round 1 will be critical
getting that breakout player from the 3 - 5 year range again critical
you definately will need to put a lot of thought into MPP. a good variety will save off trades
the draw for 2011 will have to be studied and studied

and one good thing - next year there will not be the same cloning of sides as this year. people will have a bad enough time understanding how to structure their side let alone troll through other peoples sides to clone their side to the good ones. league averages will fall

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CFC 1979 on August 29, 2010, 08:47:15 PM
initial thoughts would be;

1 player only from a single team on each line. this may be able to increase to 2
bench positions - 1 midrange player and 2 rookies or 2 midrange and 1 rookie on each line
nailing the right premiums/mids/rookies from round 1 will be critical
getting that breakout player from the 3 - 5 year range again critical
you definately will need to put a lot of thought into MPP. a good variety will save off trades
the draw for 2011 will have to be studied and studied

and one good thing - next year there will not be the same cloning of sides as this year. people will have a bad enough time understanding how to structure their side let alone troll through other peoples sides to clone their side to the good ones. league averages will fall
Hopefully no more "genetic" teams again ::).

I agree with no more than 1 team player in each line. Tried to do the same this year. Didn't help ;D.

CFC 1979

should have added the fan planner will be critical

Justin Bieber

It's probably a given CFC ;D. Everybody who knows of Fanfooty probably use it ;). Even other sites advertise/spread the word about it.

Alex7089

Mine will be unique/consistent.
Sick of rollercoasters never liked them drafting for consistency next year!