Cats to rest players

Started by Fireballz, July 24, 2010, 11:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bundyboy

enright to get rested next week according to a snippet in the paper.

not so worried about GAj or Bartell - think they have had a fairly soft run at the moment anyway...but recon Chappy could be rested - that's who I would make sure is right pre the finals...

Davoo

i hope enright does! i hope many players get rested this week instead of first week of finals or during finals!

ossie85

Good point Davo, luckily my last game in all 3 of my leagues are against bottom 4 teams, so that would be preferable

Davoo

the most important final for anyone in the top 4, i think, is the first one (qtr final) if no players are rested then and u WIN your game, u get a week off(where u might hope for some players to be rested). i hope montagna and enright are rested next week.

Dave085

I wonder if they introduced another round off to rest before the finals to avoid resting of players? Alternatively have the split round later in the year?

elephants

alrighty. please, please rest enright. let him get his body right for dt finals. dont think they should rest chappy as i have gumby as cover. he has been playing well though

Fireballz

"After playing 13 of a possible 17 games in his first AFL season, Podsiadly conceded the knocks that came with playing as a key forward were starting to take their toll.

He said he was often still sore three or four days after a game and didn’t rule out the prospect of being rested in the lead-up to September. However, he suggested several of his teammates were ahead of him in the queue. "

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/99069/default.aspx

Oh man... Wish I had more trades left....  :P

RiOtChEsS

if only we knew now which round pods
was resting, if its rd 22 nobody would
hang on to him as its his only favourable
matchup left against the coasters

Chappy35

i have 7 cats players. but chances are they will rest at different weeks and i planned ahead for this. so i have good emergincies.

Plastic Boy

Quote from: bundyboy on July 25, 2010, 03:02:41 PM
enright to get rested next week according to a snippet in the paper.

not so worried about GAj or Bartell - think they have had a fairly soft run at the moment anyway...but recon Chappy could be rested - that's who I would make sure is right pre the finals...

I have a feeling they wont rest Enright.  Teams are tagging Enright out of the game and by the sounds of the Pods interview, they are trying to figure out a way to get Enright involved in the game and shake the tag. 

If they have a chance of winning to premiership this year, they'll need enright involved in the game and providing that dash out of defence.

Fireballz

I hope their ploy doesn't involve using Mackie as some sort of tag-decoy...

I chose Mack-attack over Enright so I'm quite happy with his low scores.