Main Menu

Etihad stadium

Started by CFC 1979, July 27, 2010, 06:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC 1979

Finally the AFL + ALFPA have grown some balls demanding the playing surface be improved

Ian Collins said there's nothing wrong

but Andrew Dimetriou + the AFLPA

inspected the grass and said it was not quite up to standard

then they all went back to Andrews for drinks

all i can says is

ossie85

CFC 1979

yeah

not sure if the bottom picture is Dimetriou or an umpire :D

McRooster

I want to know why we have to call it Etihad.
It's an overseas company with no return to AFL coffers.
Their sponsorship dollar and those before them are collected by Ian Collins and the Docklands stadium.
My understanding is that in 2025 the AFL will take over Docklands then they/we can call it whatever we like because then the naming rights dollar will be going back to football.
Let's, as football supporters, follow the ABC's lead and continue to call it Docklands until is ours again.

AAMI stadium does not bother me as the ground is owned by the SANFL, who owns the Crows and Power and the nine SA clubs. All their naming rights dollar goes back to the clubs. A move to Adelaide Oval would kill that corporate dollar for the SANFL. >:(

Great work with the pics CFC, but I hope that they don't move Friday nights game, I've already got tickets and not sure how to go about transferring them if game is moved  ??? Talk is that if it doesn't play to standard Friday (providing that goes ahead) that Sundays game will be at Skilled I think.

CFC 1979

they won't move any games this year unless the players vote not to play imo

heard a bloke on SEN say they should be putting heshan bags in the dirt so the grass has somewhere for the roots to take

anyway i'm off to Andrews for a drink  :D

McRooster

Quote from: CFC 1979 on July 28, 2010, 10:01:45 PM
they won't move any games this year unless the players vote not to play imo

heard a bloke on SEN say they should be putting heshan bags in the dirt so the grass has somewhere for the roots to take

anyway i'm off to Andrews for a drink  :D
LOL! ;D
My team this week could resemble St. Andrews..... full of holes! >:(

CFC 1979

yeah i have the feeling in my gut this round will be the round 19 of last year

oh well i can always do the lawns ( or not ) ;D

numberwang

much of the same tonight at saints essendon game. hmm...