All Aboard The Volt Train.....but not for me :(

Started by dcmagadia21, July 26, 2010, 12:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcmagadia21

For anyone who wants to get Nick Riewoldt in, I think this is the best time to get him. But in my case, a person called Barry Hall killed my Volt trade. He was meant to break his BE but he didn't. I didn't know why Bazza only got 4 of the 22 odd goals the Bulldogs scored against Freo. He would have got more. Now that his priced went down, I can't straight swap him for Riewoldt. I have about $23,100 in the bank so I can't afford him. So the only way to get The Volt in is to do a double trade. But I only have 2 trades left so burning off a trade isn't worth it at this point. Thanks a bloody heap Bazza for ruining everything  :'(

browny_wce

bugger.
im doing the double i think, as im upgrading playfair and gonna put pods to the bench til round 22

RiOtChEsS

ROK2ROO me thinks with his latest efforts :'(

dcmagadia21

I was gonna straight swap Hall to Roo but Bazza didn;t score that much :(

So is it worth it to use 2 trades to get Riewoldt at this time? If yes, which player in my team should I trade to free up more cash to afford Roo?

$23,100 in the bank, 2 trades left

Here's my team (my best 22 and subs):

DEF: Hodge, Goddard, Duffield, Carrazzo, Harbrow, Waters, Shaw -- Davis, Heath

MID: Swan, Montagna, Chapman, Bartel, Boyd, Watson -- Gysberts, Shuey

RUC: Sandilands, Cox -- Warnock, Roughead

FWD: Pavlich, Giansiracusa, ROK, Hall, Podsiadly, Franklin, Brown -- Ricky "What a GUN" Henderson  ;D ;D, Hitchcock

dean01

Davoo

ive got 195k in the bank and 5 trades. i feel lucky with my leftover cash i have saved. still have ziebell to downgrade who is on my bench which ill probably do this week leaving me with 4 trades. i will probs do 1 upgrade the following week, hopefully get a week off so i will have 3 trades to make in 2 games ;D

oh and to make it worse for you, with bazza, he scored 66 in the first half and ended with 73. thats awful!

dcmagadia21

McRooster

You have flexibility with Davis and Henderson and have solid forward and backs.
With Gysberts and Shuey on your mid bench I'd hold those 2 trades for when and if any of your mids gets rested.
You won't win a finals game this week but you could lose one if you trade now ;)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: McRooster on July 26, 2010, 06:17:31 PM
With Gysberts and Shuey on your mid bench I'd hold those 2 trades for when and if any of your mids gets rested.
You won't win a finals game this week but you could lose one if you trade now ;)
mcrooster u should add advicesmith to ur info ;)

dcmagadia21

What do you mean I won't win a finals game and if I trade now, I would only lose one? Sorry. My mind isn't working right now and I have the cold so please clarify.  :)

CFC 1979

roo straight back for hitchy

thats what the banks for

woo hoo ;D

McRooster

Quote from: dcmagadia21 on July 26, 2010, 06:22:30 PM
What do you mean I won't win a finals game and if I trade now, I would only lose one? Sorry. My mind isn't working right now and I have the cold so please clarify.  :)
What I'm saying is if you trade this week you may cost yourself a final by not having that 2 trade option in 2 weeks time.
With only 2 trades left it is not worth trading anyone this week ahead of rnd 19. Any targeted player you have in mind for this week,  there will be a replacement for him next week, it may not be who you had in mind but there will be someone.
I'd only be trading this week if you're sitting on the cusp of the top 8, if you're safe, let it be. Anything can happen in finals, you have a strong team and holding those trades will only strengthen your position.