What's going on with Gary Ablett?

Started by rocca, July 19, 2010, 12:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bundyboy

if it's a 'niggle' then expect him to get rested for another week before finals...so trouble for lots of coaches potentially...especially if you are relying on him as your captain.

nevertheles - i wish he would pull his finger out.  if he is going to play forward, then kick some goals !  if mid, then get the ball...

at the moment, he is doing neither well... >:(

roo boys!

It may be a niggle but I guess we will find out if he plays this week!

McRooster

Looking forward to Cats v Hawks come finals.
2 great games already this year!
Hopefully Buddy can Lance that thing on GAJ's head, then I'm sure he'll feel better :P

Blueboys

I will be going with Swan next year as perm (c) As others here have said GAJ won't score as well at GC and won't get the player protection as with the cats.

A Boyd and the like should fit in nice as his replacement. I feel GAJ is going to be a 400-450k player next year with scores of 80-100. Not the 150+ we have been wanting....

As for GAJ injuries I am sure GC want a fit GAJ for next year!   ;)

cheesydave

With Mooney, Stevie J and Hawkins missing games, Pods not firing as well as the start of the year and Chapman doing a geat job in the midfield,  the cats need more class in the forward line. That's why Ablett and Bartell are playing there. When the forwards come back, Ablett and Bartell will move back to their regular roles.

browny_wce

i dont think GAJ just has a niggle, u dont argue with coaching staff bcoz ur unfit
also noticing ablett is getting tackled alot more than ever before
doesnt seem to have that core strength needed to break tackles
geelong look unsettled at this moment, and we may look back to see that it was this point that broke down the giant that is the geelong era

Footy God

Got GAJ in for Barlow (2 weeks ago) over Boyd/Montagna. Already have Chappy/Swan/Bartel.  :'( Bad mistake...

elxam

Too early to judge though the majority of people would go with GAJ anyway.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Footy God on July 21, 2010, 10:59:38 AM
Got GAJ in for Barlow (2 weeks ago) over Boyd/Montagna. Already have Chappy/Swan/Bartel.  :'( Bad mistake...
Did the same trade but already had Boyd, Montagna and Swan ;D. Now Ablett is my lowest scoring mid who is playing ::). Rather put Martin on field with his form :P.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 21, 2010, 02:43:22 PM
Quote from: Footy God on July 21, 2010, 10:59:38 AM
Did the same trade but already had Boyd, Montagna and Swan ;D. Now Ablett is my lowest scoring mid who is playing ::). Rather put Martin on field with his form :P.
hehe that wont last long ;)