What order to do these trades.

Started by Sammyr1223, July 19, 2010, 10:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyr1223

BACKS: Hodge, Goddard, Gilbert, Malceski, Gilbee, Carrazzo, Kennelly (Hunt, Strijk)
MIDS: Ablett, Bartel, Cross, Mitchell, Martin, Banner (Morabito, Gysberts)
RUCK: Sandilands, Tippet (Warnock, Charman)
FWDS: Chapman, O'Keefe, Higgins, Rockliff, Franklin, Brown, Hall (Gumbleton, Lobbe)

10 Trades, $176,000

I have a few trades i want to do but am unsure of what order i should do them in.

This is the order i am leaning towards.

Banner - Judd
Rockliff - Goodes

Carrazzo - Enright
Hall - Pavlich

Hunt - $77,000 player
Banner - Swan

Then i'd like to upgrade kennelly to lake and maybe higgins to riewoldt (depending if he finds form in time), Mitchell to montagna/boyd is a possibility too.

What order do you think or would you do something different?

Sammyr1223

Sorry the first trade is meant to be Martin - Judd.

Blueboys

10 trades at this stage, wow you have been well discipline on the trades, well done.

I would be holding Rockliff & Mitchell his still doing well atm.

with GAJ not doing so well as captain Swan in your team would be the first upgrade. Then you have a great scoring Captain too. Pies play all there games in Melbourne too.  ;D

Only 2 upgrades in the mid and your done!

Banner - Swan
Martin - Boyd

Sammyr1223

Yeah i'd love to have swan at the moment but don't have enough cash to get him this week without downgrading someone.

And i'm sitting in third in my league, two games clear of fifth so not to worried about the next two weeks. Plan was to get him first week of finals.

Think Rockliff to goodes, Hall to Pav and Carazzo to Enright are all definite upgrades which will cost me little cash!

Blueboys

Looks like you will finish top 4 so bonus.

"Rockliff to goodes, Hall to Pav and Carazzo to Enright" - Going to burn up alot of trades and very sideways trades. Wait to see how much Roo drops in next few weeks. His my last pick for the year and will be a cheap pick up. Come finals should be picking up some nice scores...

Ruckus

I'd also look at trading Tippet this week. A couple of good scores in the last month but dont expect this to continue. His good scores were against poor teams (ie. Essendon without pears and Fletcher). Just a thought.

browny_wce

dont trade out carrazzo... you'll regret it
if u really want enright then upgrade kenelly to him
but id also look at goodwin, pumping out some 100+ scores as the crows stage their resurgence
see if u can put martin to ur bench and trade morabito this week to boyd and banner in a few weeks to montagna
i think swan is way out of ur price range now
i recon downgrade kennelly to smith then upgrade morabito to boyd
keep rocky(for now) and mitchell!!!

Blueboys

I look at that mid with Martin & Banner they need to be upgraded to prem players come finals. Way to risky to play them in finals....

Sammyr1223

I dont think its "burning up" my trades as i have ten left with only six weeks of trading left.

Thinking Carrazzo has only been tagging in recent weeks and kennelly has a low b/e i think so may be best to offload carrazzo now and kennelly once he tops out.

I think Judd is potentially as high scorer as boyd or montagna and is alot cheaper, which will allow me to get swan once banner tops out. like i said i can wait til the first week of finals to get swan as im set in the top four!

bundyboy

judd is a gun, but he will not outscore either boyd or joey - he just doesn't have the class around him to enable him to do that.

if you can't get swan - then boyd or montagna have to be your targets.

the rest are all a bit sideways -

hunt & moribito have done their job for you - if you need some cash downgrade them and get roo in another week plus boyd/montagna.

any other trades I think are really optional, and might get you some benefit, but not convinced they will give you an awful lot.