Is my situation a stalemate?

Started by GTSR, July 15, 2010, 08:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTSR

Team:
Def: Goodard,hodge,Malceski,waters,duffield,J.hunt,enright. (Strijk, J.Lisle)

Mid: Ablett,Judd,Coney,Montagna,Stanton,Martin (Bastinac,Gysberts)

Ruck: Sandi,Nicnat  (R,stanley,Lobbe)

Fwd: Pods,Goodes,Pav,Gia,Brown,Hurley,Gumbleton  (Hall,Playfair)

I have 7 trades and 30K in the bank. I stare at my team and have no idea how I can utilise the 7 trades? I plan to sit tight this week and then next week downgrade bastinac and upgrade Hurley to Roo.
But after that I'll have 5 trades and stuff all money again. Wanted to upgrade nicnat as well for finals but dont know where the money will come from.
What would people be doing in my position?
I'm equal first in my league but the second to sixth teams are coming home hard and there average scores are climbing whilst mine is still at 2100 where its been since round one.

Thanks in advance.

CFC 1979

you could loose basti or martin for Blair ( magpies )
he is on the bubble and will go up @ $90 000

that should put a bit in the kitty

tom_scully

Might need to hold off longer on the Roo trade, his BE is 252 this week and should keep dropping for a few weeks.
Other ideas are to double trade Gumby & Playfair for the best available. Then double trade Hall & Nicnat for the best available. Good luck

enzedder

Downgrade Bastinac to Blair and Gumbleton to Dennis Lane this week!!!!
Upgrade Martin and one of Hurley/ J Hunt with $

Samm79

QuoteDowngrade Bastinac to Blair and Gumbleton to Dennis Lane this week!!!!

These quality of downgrades are going to be hard to find in the future, I would do these now and just maximise your upgrades in the coming weeks

GTSR

Thanks for the tips guys. Looks like the bastinac to blair option is going ahead. Thankfully I always do the trades 20 minutes before lockout as dennis-lane isnt playing.

kazam

lockout is 8.10 tonight... but yes always do it not to far from lockout. i would do basti to blair and then nic nat to cox... then not next round, but the round after, when Hall is back and can takes Gumbletons spot, downgrade gumby to a cheap forward (possibly tarrant if he's showing something) and upgrade hurley to roo.

I would then think your team is nearly complete. 4 trades for the first week of finals. then with those 4 trades, barring injury i would look at using two to upgrade hunt... and with the final two, possibly used in the alst week of finals if ur that far, two trades to upgrade maybe martin , or even pods to chappy.

enzedder

Tarrant NM named HBF... $100,000...played 1st game last week,62pts...rather than TDL then...DO IT!!!!

GTSR

I'm liking those moves a lot Kazam. Just did the basti to blair swap. Upgrading nicnat to cox will leave me with 170K and 5 trades. Do you think I will still be able to snare Roo in two weeks with that balance?
How much is he expected to drop in price?

GTSR

I'll wait on tarrant and see if he gets selected for a third game before jumping on.
Been mulling over the nicnat to cox swap and it will cost me 130K to upgrade nicnat. Their averages over the last 3 and 5 games are basically 50 for nic vs 80 for cox.
Is $130k worth it for in theory 30 points a match?

MalteserMan

How can you say you dont know what to do with this team?

Midfield is a bit weak IMO.

J Hunt could go. Hurley and Gumby have to go (but I see you have Hall benched)

GTSR

It's not that I didnt know what had to be done in terms of which players needed to be upgraded but in how I was going to acheive it.
I had nobody to unload besides bastinac which with a double trade would upgrade one position but as you pointed out I have many that need work.