Don't trade rookies

Started by jettiman93, March 27, 2009, 10:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jettiman93

No one should trade there rookies even if there not playing first round they will play eventually waist of a trade. If you trade beams or broughten you are dumb because they will play in the next few rounds.
the only time you should trade rookies is when they are 400k its about making profit from rookies not trading them coz they don't play the first round. J
ust look at Dalzeill didn't play till round 16 and then averaged 94 from there i'm sure no one kept him in there team for 16 rounds but if you had of it would of been the smartest thing ever to happen.
don't trade off rookies until they have gone up enough money to trade or they are injured.

salo7227

So, hypothetically, if you had Liam Anthony and NO Mitch Robinson, you wouldn't trade?

Anthony is out for at least 4 - 6 and by that time Robbo will be $250k - $350k and a cash cow trade, or depending on his performance, possibly a keeper.

What say you?

nas

Also to add my 50cents worth B4 tax is:-
As in the case of Anthony I agree & say you had Raines & (Petrenko & Broughton as Emerg). Would you not be tempted to say Trade Broughton if not picked for say Suban or Hurley, etc. Means you sweat on Raines but used one trade but then have a reserve for the period of Raines out subject to say injuries of others? That is the idea of the comp & that is "too each his own". Everyone has their own thoughts. Also as quoted below how much does a player like say robbo goes up & then you have to jiggle your side around to fit. So in saying that it's six of one & 1/2 a doz of the other.

Colty

I have gone with trading Anthony for Dangerfield and Shoenmakers for Cheney, that way all my bench players are scoring well
These are my bench players:
Anthony- Cheney
Shoenmakers- Dangerfield
Suckling
Ziebel
M Brown
T Walker
A Browne
S Jocobs
S Hill
Thes blokes are all scoring well so why not  pick up Cheney and dangerfield while they are worth the minimum.
Anyway my opinion is its worth using two early trades to ensure bench players are all going up??? thoughts??

SimonOz

I'm assuming you did that the other way around - Anthony is a mid, Cheney a Def....same goes for schoens & dangerfield

nas

So Colty, Assuming I have read this right u have now traded 2 players allready?
Would it not been better to say wait till Friday for the teams to come out for round 2 or even sweated on this for a week or 2?
Good luck with this but in my opion, for "50cents B4 Tax" you have just maybe spent 2 trades that could come back & bite you on the Hamstrings

Al

Some of the golden rules Colty:

1. ALWAYS do trades on Friday.

2. Its best to save trades, especially when you aren't playing anyone till round 4. Unless you are going for the overall score, which I doubt.

Some players get injured, dropped unexpectedly etc. so its best to wait till the teams are in.

Prospector_1

Agreed Naste - anyone can do a hammy, and it can happen anywhere, anyhow - matter of fact, I've got it now.

Colty

Look im embarrassed , I was writing that as if had already done it, I apologise for that error, didnt really think that one through and deserved to be sprayed.
But Yeah im making these trades before the prices change provided everyone is fit and well.  I think Cheney and dangerfield are the best option to swap with Shoenmakers and Anthony.  I know its two trades but in my book its better to use two trades and have players that are def going to rise in value rather than have duds just sitting there, but I guess each to their own.

nas

Colty, Good onya mate, wait & see sweat on it & remember wait till round 3 b4 you do anything then that means you can get b4 the price rise or heaven forbid a price drop.

Prospector-1: You had better ice that up pronto before it gets hot & expands.