Rate DT=Life

Started by SWB, January 23, 2009, 11:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SWB

BACKS: Fisher, Goddard, Cornes, Walker, King, Petterd, M.Brown (Davenport/Suban)

MIDS: Ma. Murphy, Tuck, Boak, Knights, Haselby, Rich (Swift/Zahakaris)

RUCKS: Cox, Ottens (Vickery, Tippett)

FWD: Pav, Deledio, Steve Johnson, Lynch, Higgins, Yarran, Sidebottom (Gumbleton, Ballantyne)

What do you think? Slightly worried about the 3 mid-price mids but I figure if only 1 comes off thats not too bad and if 2 or more come off thats fantastic. Also what does everyone think in general of Knights/Boak/Gibbs i.e. which of them do you prefer and what do you like/dislike about them?

Heater

You must have some cash left over with that side, SWB?

Backline is not bad.  Walker (Carlton?) is ijury prone and will Jake King get a game?  he struggled to hold his spot last year.

Centres are ok.  I think you should look at upgrading and getting say Swan or Scott Thompson in there to help out.  IMO you lack a real gun DT player in the middle.

Rucks are good though I'd look at trying to get a reserve who will play.  Vickery may not play this year at all.....

I like Pav, Lids & Stevie J in your forward line and Higgins will get game time and be a good cash cow.  You would expect Yarran to play but Lynch is no certainty and as a Collingwood fan I reckon Sidebottom may take a little while to settle in; perhaps have Rusling instead (keep an eye on his NAB Cup form though).  If the reports are correct Ballantyne may not start the season but I'd keep him as he will get games this year.

Hope this helps in some way!

abs of steele

Your backs are alright, but I wouldn't have King. You could swap King for Adcock who is cheaper and will play every game if fit.

The mids are pretty good. Maybe you could upgrade Murhpy.

Rucks are fine, but Ottens is a bit injury prone and you don't realy have a back up that's likely to play. Maybe get Currie in there instead of Vickery.

I like the forwards, although I think you should probably swap Sidebottom since I don't think he'll play round 1 unless he has a really good NAB Cup, you could get Taylor Walker who is likely to play from round 1.

SWB

Hey thanks for the feedback, I see what you mean with King and Adcock may be a good swap so I'll definitely look into that. I hadn't heard Currie was more likely to play than Vickery but if thats the case I'll definitely make the swap and that should free up some cash. Also i think you're confused with Lynch, I mean Quentin Lynch for the WCE who is a certainty to play 22 if fit for sure. Also thanks for the tip on sidebottom I might look at rusling or even hentschel as I havn't got too many of those risky older players.

SWB

Here's a revised team

BACKS: Fisher, Goddard, Cornes, Walker, Birchall, Petterd, M.Brown (Davenport/Suban)

MIDS: J. Corey, S. Tuck, Boak, Knights, Haselby, Rich (Swift/Zahakaris)

RUCKS: Cox, Ottens (Currie, Tippett)

FWD: Pav, Deledio, Steve Johnson, Q. Lynch, Higgins, Yarran, Rusling (Gumbleton, Ballantyne)

I tried messing around with King -> Adcock but i ended up with 40k free and no particularly good trades to do with it so i got the super-consistent birchall instead.

Hawks_1976

I'd prefer Gibbs over Knights any day.
Gibbs is a number one draft pick, class act and put on 6kg of muscle in the preseason.
He is ready to step it up again, in a similar fashion to what Cooney has.
Out: Knights
In: Gibbs
Also I think Judd is going to tear this season to shreds, Brownlow medal for mine.

Prospector_1

Another epic dredge.

Hawks is routinely a good judge - keep an eye on his views next season.

How's that advice on Adcock for King? And Gibbs for Knights!

Just blew it on Birchall, SWB - so did I!

That still would have been an awesome starting team with 20 trades to go!