Previous topic - Next topic

Best Downgrade Rookie?

TDL
Blair
Tarrant
Smith
Other... and why...

Crow

Will TDL play regular football for the remainder of the season? If Bradshaw is back, is he the first to go?

What about the other rookies out there? Jarryd Blair, will he play regular footy?

Stevens? Smith? Obrien? Tarrant?

Who else is out there that has played 1 or 2 games and is ready to produce!?!?!?!? And why?

timskul

TDL!!! coz i had him before he even played a game. but in all honesty, sydneys forward line is quite poor. sydney have no genuine small forward. lewis jetta, jesse white would threaten, and with bradshaw back in hed be no certainty, but his prospects look much better than blair (collingwood a finals threat, wont play him regularly you wouldnt think). stevens is a good option when not injured. smith (ash) from west coast i liked and hoped would play earlier, and with wce bottom hed be sure to get games. obrien/tarrant id have no idea. dont know too much about kangas/brisbane

McRooster

70 odd goals in the WAFL last year shows TDL is ready to produce + 2 bags of 7 and a couple of 5 goal hauls in NSW league proves he knows where the sticks are.
As the season builds toward finals and Roos begins his final handover to Longmire I see TDL getting more of a run if Swans season slips away. This allows the incumbent coach a real good look at him.
At the moment he's there filling a hole, if the season slips away they may just leave him there and let Bradshaw fully recover moving forward to next year.
However any of this type of cheap rookie should only be your 9th forward and really not matter if he plays or not. Whoever should be just used as a cheap help to upgrade someone else regardless of whether he plays because you'll never use him and this time of year not get enough out of him to upgrade, due to low number of trades and time left in the season proper.

Plastic Boy

He's had hardly any impact in his first 2 games, and looks extremely nervous when he has the ball in his hands.

I wont be wasting a trade on this kid

SydneyRox

The mail on him is very good. I for one have been waiting all season to see him get a go, but he has looked very out of his depth in the two games so far. I went for him as I didnt have any other options, he should defn get a game this week, and the open space of Ethiad will probably suit him. After that he is a very touchy possibility, then again the others you have here are not much better!!

elephants

i dont really think his job security is fantastic. he was excellent for subiaco in the WAFL but doesnt look at home in the big league. blair looks good though but i dunno about his job security either because the pies are gunning for the top 2

Encoñado

Roos stated after last weekend's game that "anyone that gets dropped from the weekend's team will be a bit stiff": http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/98067/default.aspx. That said, he also earmarked changes in the team to combat the Blues midfield. If the Swans continue winning and TDL's contributing a few goals, then he's a chance of being retained. However, he's going to have to markedly lift his performance.