Post lock-out comments

Started by Marcus, March 27, 2009, 11:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcus

Since it's post lock-out
Just thought I'd chuck my team out here to see what I did wrong in others' eyes seeing as I didn't want to reveal before the lock-out:

BACKS: C.Newman, L.Gilbee, C.Cornes, P.Burgoyne, J.Gram, J.Adcock, A.Raines (Broughton, Petrenko(EMG))

CENTRES: G.Ablett (c), J.Selwood, K.Cornes, B.Gibbs, N.Foley, L.Anthony (D.Rich(EMG), D.Beams)

RUCKS: D.Cox(vc) , H.McIntosh (J.Spencer, S.Jacobs)

FORWARDS: B Deledio, J.Porplyzia, B.Fevola, S.Higgins, H.Skipworth, N.Krakoeur, J.Ziebell (M.Brown(EMG), T.Walker)

Bic

Houlihan is cheaper and will score a lot higher than Gram and Adcock IMO.

You could have saved over 100k and used it to upgrade someone in your forward line to someone decent...

You are the guy bagging Houlihan too, rookie.

Marcus

True many do not rate Porplyzia or Fevola. But I expect Fev to kick 100 this season. Just my own personal projection. Off that basis alone he is a keeper. As for Porplyzia I have watched him closely and with increase TOG and increase TOG in the midfield he will score more and possibly be good enough to keep *fingers crossed* :P
As for Adcock and Gram they have more potential to become keepers than Houlihan will. IMO Gram will come very good this year, last year he was #1 tagged off the HB line. But this year Fisher and Goddard will be tagged before Gram. So with more time in the midfield and pushing into defense for cheaper kicks (queue rolling zone) I'm hoping he will turn into a keeper.
As for Adcock. I'm not expecting much. At worst I think he will average 80. At best he will return to keeper status.
Of course, all this goes of me feeling Houlihan is not going to turn into a keeper. 9 seasons in Carlton and hasn't averaged above 85. You think he is going to breakout at this age? If he is a potential keeper in your side... You my friend are the rookie.

Bic

Yes his last 9 seasons have been average at best.
Then again, Carlton FC have been worse.
Now they are on the way up and will be breaking the 8 this year, winning more games and smashing average teams like Richmond.

That is why his score will increase.

Marcus

I agree with all you said. That's why he was a genuine option all preseason.
But just going off how he played last night. I personally don't think he will score too well this season.
If Carlton keep thumping you have yourself a nice fat breakout candidate though.

Hondo71

Fev kicked 2 goals and had about 6 kicks (IIRC) and was benched in the last qtr yet still scored 60

Obviously his injury is troubling him but I'm still OK with having him in my team over the full season

I am seeing too much over-reaction to 1 game ... there's still 21 to go!

Marcus

Exactly right Hondo. He did that whilst heavily limping.
Didn't kill us with immature FAs and I'm happy with what I'm seeing from him.
Can't wait to cheer on his Coleman medal this year :)