Main Menu

Do you agree with Ross Lyon

Started by Dimsim, June 09, 2010, 06:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimsim

Have a read of this article (if you haven't already) and let me know what you think......

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/96015/default.aspx

Ross Lyon is trying to compare Stephen Milne to the likes of "(Peter) Daicos, Brett Allison, (Darren) Bewick and (Phil) Matera".  I find that hard to believe  ???  :-\ What do you guys think??

Prospector_1

Maybe Daicos, but not enough soccer in his goals. Milne doesn't have the run of Bewick, or at least not anymore.

Justin Bieber

He is a great crumber but doesn't do much else :-\. Nack for the goal is top notch but his all round game is lacking a fair bit compared to those guys.

Alex7089

Pf, he isn't half the player that those guys are, he is a good goalsneak but other than that he is a woeful player.

korza

You stloe my thunder Dimsim, i was gonna put up a thread on who could play Afl in this era with players from 20 yrs ago. I could honestly say i could think of only a handful. One was Peter Daicos. Played ahead of his time and much better than Milne.

valkorum

Daicos was a far better player than Milne, so was Phil Matera

HillHero13

no way near as good... daicos is the master.... his not even that small himself...

Bewick is a gun...

milne will be about 5000000000 in small fowards...

roo boys!

Milne just has a knack of scoring -1 when my opponent doesnt have him and he scores 130-140 when they do! :-\ :-\

Dimsim

Quote from: korza on June 09, 2010, 06:57:17 PM
You stloe my thunder Dimsim, i was gonna put up a thread on who could play Afl in this era with players from 20 yrs ago. I could honestly say i could think of only a handful. One was Peter Daicos. Played ahead of his time and much better than Milne.

Sorry, you must have been too busy becoming a COACH  ;) ;D  LOL

Us witches hat boys don't have much else to do  :D :D

BTW, i completely disagree with Ross Lyon. I think Milne is a hack in a good team, which is probably what makes him look a lot better than he really is. The original title of this post was "Is Ross Lyon on crack??"

korza

@Dimsim you only have 772 more posts to go.

Dimsim

Quote from: korza on June 10, 2010, 02:13:09 PM
@Dimsim you only have 772 more posts to go.

Looks like i'll have to stop reading articles and concentrate on posting more......helpfull advice  ;)  :D