Who To Start Martin or Howlett?

Started by mattey21, May 22, 2010, 03:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattey21

Hey just wondering who I should start this week! Usually I'm all for more experience on the ground but Howlett's scores are looking pretty good and he is always around the ball and Martin (upgrading next week) hasn't really managed anything special for sometime..... As both of these teams are playing each other it either player should score ok but who do you think should start?

Any feedback appreciated. Thank You!

Boomz

I have the same dilemma... I think im going to start Howlett only because he has been scoring slightly higher and he looks more likely to get a massive score than martin

Ibanez

I'm starting Martin just cause of the few extra games.

mattey21

Cheers BOOMZ that's what I was thinking but knowing my luck Martin will end up scoring big and Howlett will have a shocker! Have dropped radically in the Overall Rankings to be sitting at about 14,000 mark after being in the top 4,000 for the majority of the year. Changed direction to League wins now but in a highly ranked league and every game should be tough.

Team Name: Ding Bat's 2,0
Round 8 Score: 2113
Current Overall Ranking: 14,167

Current Team:

DEF: Hodge, Carrazzo, Enright, Malceski, Waters, Shaw, Hargrave (Maguire, Webberley)

MID: Bartel, Barlow, Dal Santo, Gibbs, Cooney, Howlett (Martin, Kayler-Thompson)

RUC: Sandilands, Cox (Warnock, McNamara)

FWD: Pavlich, O'Keefe, Harvey, Brown, Ballantyne, Podsy, Franklin (Brennan, Gumby)

10 Trades Left, 35k in the bank

Elvs12

Got the same question but also the option of Stevenson as well.
Would go How over Martin but not sure about how Stevo will go against Saints?

Davoo

im defs going howlett. better side. will get more of the ball i think.

bluegumby

Davoo

agree, hargrave is just not getting better.

mattey21

Pretty glad I started Howlett over Martin and Hargrave over Maguire! Very happy I didn't listen to bluegumby!

elephants

SCADDICT

I started Howlett in DT and Martin in SC. Martin is a dud in both!

elephants

he is actually a very good player he just handballs too much and doesnt tackle enough

SCADDICT

Yeah agreed I think we can safely say though he is not good enough to start on the field ,like many thought at the start of the year.

Flame

I should've started Howlett..ARGGGGHHHH