Main Menu

Best Football Journalists / Commentators

Started by Spinking, July 17, 2012, 02:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 18, 2012, 12:06:21 AM
we don't get the greats of vic radio up here in qld got to take the fox crew and be happy with that, need to get those radio station apps and watch fox and listen to the radio app i think sounds like we miss a lot
As Colli says we do not get radio in Qld only the ABC call one of the Games on Saturday afternoon.  Bit hard to compare to your commentators but I do not mind this commentary. 

monstrum

http://www.sen.com.au/crunch-time

this show is probly my favourite out of the shows, got my favourite blokes on it... yeh i like Wallsy  ;D

for all u guys in ... well out of melbnourne :P... while games r on u can go to AFL media centre and u get all the channels that r broadcasting the game, if ur with telstra u get free streaming radio during the game.

Also for anyone who dosn't know this any radio station can be streamed off their website these days, so long as u can afford the D/L ;)

B.S

What about McaVANEY.
Judd, oh well done Judd, handballs off to Robinson, gee he always goes hard at the ball robinson, well done, short kick to carrazzo, oh well done carrazzo; he finds murphy in space, well done murphy etc....etc

Ash A

Quote from: B.S on July 18, 2012, 11:45:35 PM
What about McaVANEY.
Judd, oh well done Judd, handballs off to Robinson, gee he always goes hard at the ball robinson, well done, short kick to carrazzo, oh well done carrazzo; he finds murphy in space, well done murphy etc....etc
Whitecross, trouble brewing, kicks it to Hodge (in the flowering coaches box), well done whitecross

BB67th

You know it's a shame that Channel 10 don't have any football coverage this year, because Stephen Quartermaine was always my fav commentator.

T Dog

Quote from: BB67th on July 24, 2012, 06:09:08 PM
You know it's a shame that Channel 10 don't have any football coverage this year, because Stephen Quartermaine was always my fav commentator.
+1..and Michael Christian.. :o

Spinking

What happened to Tim Lane?  Wasn't he the number 1 commentator in the country a few years back?

T Dog

He didn't buddy up with Eddie when he had the chance...what an imbecile..lol... :o

BB67th

Channel 10 actually had a really good commentary team when you take out Malcolm Blight and Robert Walls.

EZA100

Quote from: whatlez on July 17, 2012, 06:08:56 PM
Quote from: T Dog on July 17, 2012, 06:05:16 PM
Quote from: whatlez on July 17, 2012, 05:05:26 PM
How can you guys like demot? I ate his commentary and whatever he does.
How do you do that?.. :o
haha flower the iPad, but seriously he's an idiot. Instead of soaking up the Gold Coast win, he just starts talking negative about how Richmond have blown it. None of the other commentators worked with him here and instead they just were excited on the big win for the GC.  They win their first game of the year, but this flowering idiot just ignores it and talks about a club that just disappoints and it is not needed to even mention them.
i know he just kept on talking on about gold coast did my head in commentate on the game !

Tominator

Journalism
Love: Damian Barrett.

Great writer for the AFL website amongst other things, and has a weekly segment on The Footy Show. Unbiased, gets the facts out there, and knows what he is talking about. His weekly articles on the AFL website make great reading. Big riser in the journalism world, and I really like his style of writing.
Hate: Michaelangelo Rucci.
Chief Football Writer for the Adelaide Advertiser. When Port or Crows are going really well, it's "Crows for the flag" but when they go bad it's all "sack the coach". Either gets way too ahead of himself or thinks one bad loss is the end of the world.

TV
Love: Stephen Quartermain.

Brilliant commentator who I can't believe doesn't have a job on TV this year. Best commentator at Channel 10 for mine, like Barrett he is unbiased and knows everything he is talking about.
Hate: Eddie McGuire.
Great businessman for Collingwood but Eddie Everywhere is just too dominant in the commentary box for FoxFooty. Barely lets the other commentators have a go and gets really arked up about lots of things.

Spinking

Any love for Wayne Carey in his Footy Confidential days?  I was NOT a fan!  :)

Tominator

Quote from: monstrum on July 17, 2012, 03:31:42 PM
huddo

Hahaha classic Huddo calls:

Round 10, 2012 - Hawthorn v NM - Buddy's 13 goals
"Thirteen, THIRTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNN!!!"

Semi-Final, 2005 - Sydney v Geelong - Nick Davis kicks 4 goals in a quarter
"NICK DAVIS!! I SEE IT, BUT I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!"

BB67th

I still watch that Nick Davis moment sometimes and I still get excited watching the 5 mins up to it. Interestingly a minute before Nick Davis kicks the final goal Malcolm Blight says "Where's Nick Davis?" and has a bit of a chuckle. Oh don't worry Malcolm..... he'll be there.