Players on the bench- scorers or duds?

Started by LouMo, June 10, 2010, 03:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouMo

What seems to be the best strategy for your bench players?

• To have one scoring player worth ~$250,000 and averages around 40-50, and another who won't play and only costs $84,000, or
  • To have two scoring players, ~$200-250,000 each.

One option avoids tying money up on the bench, but the other option gives you a greater chance of covering short term injury or late withdrawal.

Thoughts please??

Justin Bieber

Depends on the position and how many trades left. Also on the players on field. Some are prone to get rested or will start feeling sore later in the year.

If you need cash, the first 1 should be good enough unless you are really unlucky. 2 if you want to play it really safe.

LouMo

I am trying to form my strategy for next year, so I guess I'm curious about which option is the best to aim for from the start of the season.

OR.... Based on what you just said, do you think that neither plan works for a whole season??

Should there be a different strategy for who is on the bench depending on which half of the season you're in??

Does the strategy differ for each position?

Justin Bieber

Start of the year put 2 rookies on the bench. Will save cash and if you've chosen well, should play enough to gain alot of cash. Sometimes half of these rookies should play out the year and 1 could be used as perma benchie.

This year they could be Nason, Gumby, Basty and Jackson Trengove after a long wait. Some others like Martin, Trengove, Maguire/Waters, Hunt, Webbs, Gysbert and Playfair have the potential to be cheap options when you pick them up and turn into benchies.

At Half year, you should have at least 3/4 of the bench playing if you've traded right. Shouldn't trade at all rookies you've started with. Sme do become permanent fixtures in their teams lineup and can provide good cover even though they won't score many 60+ games.

bundyboy

agree with you Hellopplz..

start of the year you should be able to find 2 rookies to cover your bench, and if you've done your homework, at least 1 should play in each position pretty much every week.

if you've picked well, come half year you have probably already cashed in some of the cows into rookies just starting to get a game mid year.

so half year, i would expect 1 cheap rookie on your bench, and probably another player around $200 sitting there - who is probably one of your early rookies that is doing ok  - exactly like a nason or davis this year..