Rivalry Round

Started by langej, May 01, 2010, 03:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

langej

Interested in all thoughts.  Do you think that, a great addition to DT and SC leagues would be to be able to schedule your own round for Rivalry Round?

The remaining rounds can be scheduled by the 'system' to cater for this round.  I just feel it would add to this round to have Mate v Mate within the league.  Thoughts...?

Bak2Form

wuld be good but wont happen

RiOtChEsS

it would be tuff to get it sorted but a great idea nonetheless

Pav29

That would be pretty sweet but wouldnt work.you could hav your choice at the start of the year who you want but they couldnt suit everyone.

langej

Thanks for your input guys.  I am not sure you would need to satisfy everyone Pav29.  The approach i would have is to have the person who generated the league be the only person who can set up the rivalry round.

Thanks again!

ossie85

... I like it.

I have a league that's been running with the same 16 teams for three years now, so would be sweet.

MissPiesFF

I think it is a great idea. Explain a little bit more about how you want it set up. I reckon I can swing it.

langej

Hi MissPiesFF,

The way to do it is:

- At a time that is convenient (lets say during the first three rounds).
IF you have 16 teams in your comp and IF you choose...

Go o a Rivalry Round Page and set team against team - mate against mate

A v B
C v D
E v...etc

This round will be set in the rivalry round (round 6 in this case).  You would then set up the remaining rounds taking this into consideration.  (which is easy to do and if you need an explanation i will in another post.)

ossie85

So the administrator would have the final word?

langej

MissPiesFF

Quote from: langej on May 05, 2010, 08:31:36 AM
indeed.
I can do script for leagues of 16 x 8 max...meaning league against league for the rest of the season. As for just deciding to go heads to head with random coaches..that is somewhat hard. It is all written in php perl asp aspx. I know my script but I ain't the ants pants lol.

langej

Hay MissPiesFF...

I guess the post is to see if any momentum could be gained and if so, collectivly potition DT developers to include it at some stage in the future seasons.

Not all that popular so time to let go of the thought...?
Cheers

Prospector_1

Can the exteam feature be used for this?