Peterson --> Davis & Dangerfield --> Didak - Thoughts on this trade?

Started by hawk_88, April 30, 2010, 09:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk_88

What do you think of this double trade?

Peterson --> Davis
Dangerfield --> Didak

Will only cost another 70K. Have used 4 trades already (damn LTIs). The only question is really Davis' ability to hold a spot in the team. Given the way the Crows are travelling, if someone is in form you tend to play them regardless of an pre-existing pecking order however can he continue his form?

ELLsendon

I have got something similar in mind.

I'm for it, but son't be shatterd if Davis is omitted soon

hawk_88

which is the fear. I'm hearing talk that Gary Rohan might be looking at a call up next week. Should I maybe wait a week and bet on a player who is yet to play senior footy in the season proper?

Samm79

Peterson has peaked and there is always the risk of the downgrade not playing. Getting them on the bubble means you reduce this risk. I like this trade a lit but I am not 100% sure on Didak though, I would be surpised if he averages 100+

chris

Quote from: Samm79 on April 30, 2010, 11:58:26 PM
Peterson has peaked and there is always the risk of the downgrade not playing. Getting them on the bubble means you reduce this risk. I like this trade a lit but I am not 100% sure on Didak though, I would be surpised if he averages 100+

Don't think there is any consulation getting them on the Bubble if they only play the bubble game and then omitted, waste of a trade

Samm79

What I am saying Chris is there is always that risk of the rookie being dropped, even unexpectedly like Howlett. Getting them on the bubble means that at worst case you at least get something out of them.

Hydra

With Adelaide's extensive injury list, Davis will hopefully be safe for a few rounds.

hawk_88

I certainly see the risk in taking a someone before they have played a game. Rohan looks like he is going to be a star however he hasn't got a game yet so even if he does get a game next week he might struggle to get one consistently.

I have looked over Adelaide's list and injury list and I think Davis will get at least 3 more games. I think I can shoulder this risk as he will either be my 8th or 9th Depending on Gumby's form. I think I will make it. Wait until this evening though just to be safe.