Gun or unique forward?

Started by bunyips, April 29, 2010, 01:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunyips

G'day everyone - first time posting so go easy!

This week I want to upgrade Peterson to a somebody while downgrading Hunt to Hams or Davis.  I'm thinking Goodes (reliable in past seasons) as a good option but not sure (as i'm 26,000th odd place) to go a bit unique - like maybe Porplyzia and use the cash in my midfield later.

What do people think?  Any other reliable forwards people would recommend?

My current forward line is:

Brown, O'Keefe, Higgins, Franklin, Thomas, pods, gumby
(Peterson, Relton "no show" Roberts)

I have used 6 trades so far and have 120,000 in the bank. Yes, 6 trades. 

Flame

bunyips

cheers for that,  yeah Goodes is the only gun (left for me) which in my opinion will play the most games

Wild Thing

Chapman, Didak, Pavlich but not Porplyzia.

CrowsFan

so once you make these 2 trades you will have 12 left for the final 16 rounds. with that the case i would pick a premium like good instead of a unique. unique players are fine at the start where if they don't work out you can trade them off to someone more reliable, but trading them in you might have to trade them out again if they don't perform wasting another trade. with the crows in the shape they are in i would stay clear of porps, i think he is a great player, but just don't get him with adelaide playing crap.
with your ranking i assume you want to climb higher so its better just getting premium players. have you considered pav or harvey? pav has always performed well in a bad team and with playing well will score more, and apart from harveys shocker round 2 score he has played extremely well.

RiOtChEsS

dont get chapman if u plan on playing finals... hasnt played much at all from round 19-22 in the past 3 seasons

ben_ess94

premium i like pav atm seems good and fremantle is playing well so i cant see him dropping much or losing some scores...goodes is good proven as well
chapman is a star...he has some extra time off in preseason so hopefully(big fingers crossed) he wont do his hammy or get geelongs "general soreness" in the finals

Griffo1982

cant go past Pav or Goodes, has to be a very sound trade with so little left so i'd be leaning towards Pav

bunyips

thanks for that everyone.  I've traded Hunt down to Davies and upgraded Peterson to Goodes.

roo boys!

Oh boooooo! I would have gone Pav man but oh well.

CrowsFan