Rate chosch's team. What to do??

Started by chosch, March 25, 2010, 03:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chosch

hey guys... and girls?

i am a previous dt'er only... and obviously the games are similar but subtle differences in points apparently make certain dt picks a certain sc no-no.

this is just a team i have come up with for you guys to poke holes in, have i missed anything huge (i know ablett and goddard... but are they worth it??? im not one of those idiots waiting for a $10,000 price drop by the way)

backs
Enright, Shaw, Hodge, Harbrow, Kennelly, Hunt, Waters (Nason & Maguire)
[Too many cheapies in the last starting 3???]

mids
Selwood, Mitchell, Ball, Trengove, Martin, Barlow (Bastinac & Jetta)
[Selwood is set for a HUGE year imo... may make up for the lack of Jr.?]

rucks
Sandilands, MacIntosh (Warnock & Basement dweller)

forwards
Reiwoldt, O'Keefe, J.Brown, Franklin, Giansiracusa, Gray, Dangerfield (Gumbleton & Podsiadly)

I have <$2,500 in the bank...

thoughts on selwood rather than bartel? no ablett or goddard? brown inclusion? kurt tippet w/ $40,000 bonus or big buddy f-bomb? Too many cheap backs???

cheers lads, as said... im confident in DT... but as for SC, this is my first season. any tips would be greatly appreciated

Pravis

GAJ is a big SC player who has scored ridiculous number i think he had 3 or 4 200+ games last year and his record is 279 or something. So you need GAJ in SC as your capt every week otherwise you'll end up being so far behind someone your playing one week with him as there capt.

Not to sure how Harbrow will go.

Gia isn't usually a SC player but he may change that this year with his forward pressure. He is a risk.

and Jetta is injured till round 3 i think.

if your trying to find some dollars you could downgrade HMAC to NicNat

But saying that you seem to have the gist of it.

chosch

not really convinced by that goliwog nic nat, but there arent many other cheap options... by putting him in... and putting shuey in for jetta, i have $490,000 to replace harbrow with... i'm not sure how Adcock, Carrazzo, Cornes, Gilbee, Kelly or Johncock would go... what do you reckon?

chosch

Pravis

Yeah i agree i have gone for a premo ruck combo.

And i would go for Kelly, he will play a little more in the midfield with Corey out and Chappy getting on in years and is injury prone.

chosch

hmm... but then again i have already got Enright and Hunt in my backs... is that wise to have 3 catters???

chosch

im thinking... i really would prefer hmac or another premium ruck over nat, but i dont have any dough left after ablett... perhaps downgrade o'keefe, brown or to a lesser extent... franklin... but then i would have to grab either Bazza, Ziebell, Medhurst, Ballantyne or Warren. With $386,500 to spend on them... i will have a fair bit left over to upgrade others though, which is good.

If i trade buddy for ziebell (w/Hmac), i have $7000 left, more if i get any of the others further down the list.

chosch

Pravis

Alright this is the last bit of advice im gonna give you.

Swap Buddy for Tippet, Get lobbe as your 4th ruck. Then you can swap out lobbe for tippet if a ruck gets injured.\

That will free up 25k - 30 k i think.

Keep ROK and you could downgrade Gia for Hall, but after round 6 - 8 look at trading Hall to a premo forward.

After downgrading Gia to Hall you should be able to upgrade HMAC to Sandi or Clarke.

I hope this helps mate.

chosch

haha cheers mate, not a fan of hall. really wanna steer clear of him... might reassess him but i dont think he is all that... he needs to score a bag to get a decent total. cheers though mate, helpful advice

Pravis

Hall has a really easy run upto round 7. Doggies only play Pies in round 1 and then they have Melb, Freo, Rich and most teams he will kick bags against so he should do pretty good.

But i have the same view of Hall as you, but like i said he is only in ur side till rounds 6 - 8 just so you can get a premo forward.

chosch

fair point on the weaker teams... that helps... and although someone like scarlett would really hurt his points... he will get THAT many opportunities from the doggies midfield, plus gia... higgins... aker and johno taking a few tags too... you MAY have convinced me hahah

just for records sake, my team is currently:

BACKS
Enright, Shaw, Hodge, Carrazzo, Kennelly, Hunt, Waters (Maguire & Silvagni)
MIDS
Ablett, Mitchell, Ball, Trengove, Barlow, Martin (Shuey & Bastinac)
RUCKS
Sandilands, MacIntosh
FORWARDS
Reiwoldt, O'Keefe, Lockyer, Gray, Tippet, Hall, Dangerfield (Gumbleton & Podsiadly)

$7,000 left in the bank.... good fit. haha if anyone else has any tips or criticisms... feel free to let me know.

Cheers

chosch

What do you guys reckon of my current team:

Backs
Luke Hodge
Andrew Carrazzo
Corey Enright
Sam Gilbert
Heath Shaw
Beau Waters
Tadgh Kennelly

Mids
Gary Ablett Jnr.
Kane Cornes
Michael Barlow
Adam Cooney
Jack Trengove
Dustin Martin

Rucks
Aaron Sandilands
Hamish McIntosh

Forwards
Ryan O'Keefe
Jonathan Brown
Shaun Higgins
Hayden Ballantyne
Robbie Gray
James Podsiadly
Patrick Dangerfield

Reserves
Matt Maguire, Ben Nason, Ryan Bastinac, Mitch Banner, Robbie Warnock, Matthew Lobbe, Scott Gumbleton, Tom Rockliff

$90,800 left in the bank.

Where should i look at upgrading next... im thinking wait til a rookie maxes out and upgrade podsiadly (may be replaced when LTI is back)

woofy

i think overall ur team is solid.

if anything ur forwards need to be upgraded either danger,ballantyne or pods whichever maxes out first.

CrowsFan

ok the obvious trade now is get rid of dangerfield since he is out for a month and underperforming anyway. the problem is with only that much in the bank there isn't really anyone to get, so unless you want to downgrade him to someone like davis and put rockliff on the field i would suggest these two trades:

bastinac --> JKT (if named to play this week)
dangerfield --> pavlich

by the way how many trades do you have left?