Gumbleton or Davis?

Started by boneman, May 01, 2010, 08:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boneman

Gumbleton or Davis to start on the ground?

I have Davis as a forward haven't seen alot of him and Gumbleton I'm not sure how he'll go against the hawks.

Any help would be great.

MissPiesFF

Tough choice, Davis against Carlton 2009 SC  Rnd 8 =92 and  Rnd 17 = 117
Gumby has never experienced Hawks in his entire senior level career.

hawk_88

Normally I would back a key forward playing against the Hawks given they don't have the strongest key defenders and rely much more on team defence. When team defence fails, it fails catastrophically.

However the Dons seem to lack any forward structure themselves, despite their attacking game plan.

I would take Davis I think.

On a sudo related note: Croad may be making a comeback... HELL YEAH!

MissPiesFF

I seriously think Peterson..although not as tall as the other ruck players (or lack there off) should be given a chance in ruck..have you seen that boy jump????

hawk_88

He doesn't jump he just floats. It is amazing.

If he isn't performing around the rest of the ground it is irrelevant though. Great 3rd up option when he is in the side though.

BTW, RE the original post, I presume you mean Phil and not Leon.

ELLsendon

Initially I thought you were tlaking about P.Davis, then saw everyone posting on L.Davis. What DAVIS is it?

BratPack

I think the fact the asker says he hasn't seen a lot of him means it HAS to be Phil.

As for me? I'd go Davis, Gumby's too hit and miss

MissPiesFF

Quote from: hawk_88 on May 01, 2010, 08:35:16 AM
He doesn't jump he just floats. It is amazing.

If he isn't performing around the rest of the ground it is irrelevant though. Great 3rd up option when he is in the side though.

BTW, RE the original post, I presume you mean Phil and not Leon.
It sure is huh. With a few years up his sleeve I can see him taking some great speccys. He just gets a little nervous I think.

roo boys!

Did you go Davis? I would have and I did have him on my field. He got a reasonable score, I'll take it but what did Gumby get?

luketown

p davis = 53 sc points

gumby = 57 sc points

much of a muchness

barry hall = 31 sc points haha lol