westhoff a keeper?

Started by maccar86, April 22, 2010, 10:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maccar86

his averaging 77.50 at the moment..

mids = ablett, boyd, del santo, cooney, barlow, trengrove.. emg: jetta, martin

fors = brown, ROK, hall, westhoff, murphy, danger, riolo emg: rohan, duncan

2 options.... downgrade hall, westhoff or danger to pods or rockliff (not sure who)
then upgrade trengrove in 2-3 weeks to a premium.. 30k in bank already plus approx 200 = 230k in this option.

trade rohan to pods or rockliff and sit on my team for a few weeks. 30k in bank, will get another 60k off the trade = 90k in the bank..

4 trades used already, 14 keepers

chrisuzz

if youve already used 4 trades i would just save them

maccar86

but i only have 30k in the bank, im going to find it super hard to get premiums later if i dont get a cash cow and some extra money now.

chrisuzz

*cough* Jetta, Maritn, Rohan, Duncan *cough*

maccar86

my emergencies are:

backs: mcguire and t hunt from geelong ( not j hunt, and doubt hell play much at all)

mids: (martin or trengrove depending who i play and jetta)

rucks: warnock and stanley

forwards: rohan and duncan. (rohan hasnt been picked and not sure when he will be)

used 4 trades, 14 keepers and 35k in the bank... (westhoff, danger not counted??)

are my rookies, available trades and cash in the bank enough to get a team of keepers or do i need to trade once more to get a cash cow and some extra cash in the bank for later on??

thornz23

i dnt think you want to trade out duncan obviously because he is still making a lot of cash.
Ideally you dnt want to trade hall this week because he has a struggling adelaide defence to tear up buuut he has been disappointing dt wise so far and you really need to pick up pods or rockliff this week to take advantage of theit price rise. i wouldn't trade dangers either because i still think he will rise in price and could potentially average 80 for the year.
Then rioli and murphy have preti much been chosen as keepers so u dnt reli want to trade them out and waste a trade.
I also dnt think you want to trade rohan out because you bought him as a cash cow and he hasnt got the chance to play and hence rise in price yet. with 4 trades used already u cant reli afford to side trade on another cash cow.
So westhoff is probly ure best option to trade out he will end up averaging 70 or lower at the end of the year which isn't a keeper and he has already made you 25k
Having only 30k i would say you definately need to jump on the pods train ( he will make more money than rockliff i think) doing westhoff to pods gives you an extra 230k plus whatever pods goes up. (probly an extra 150k over the next 5-6 weeks)

maccar86

im worried about pods and rockliffs JS.... stokes, rooke to come back for geelong.. adcock, black and buchanon to come back for geelong..

you think westhoff is the best downgrade option out of my forwards? i really thought hall or danger, danger because hes playing forward in a team thats sucking and hall, well because hes had 1 good score and 4 bad ones..

thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. any more thoughts?

maccar86

if i trade westhoff to pods my team will look like this..

j brown (injury scare), ROK, hall, murphy (eww) rioli, danger, pods. emg: duncan and rohan

with 260k in the bank and 5 trades used.

thornz23

yep then after maybe 5 weeks you can upgrade pods using mayb 150-200k to a premium and still have more than you have now but have upgraded westhoff to a premium with 2 trades

thornz23

i mean you could always trade murphy or hall instead and obviously have more money left over but keep in mind that the dogs r playing adelaide this week

maccar86

okay so one trade this week, westhoff to pods and pocket 230k?

thornz23

that would be my advice but its up to you. I mean if you think westhoff is gonna have a break out year and can become a keeper then you might want to cut ure losses and go either hall or murphy out but i think u should definately be picking up pods and making the most of his price rise. He will make at least 50k this week alone