Started by wipz, April 16, 2010, 01:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you drop?

JKT
Howlett
Shuey

wipz

JKT and Howlett.
Ok lads, I thought these two mature aged fellas which 3+yrs WAFL exp would get solid game time but obviously I was wrong so far. Question is: will these two lads get many games? enough to pocket me some good cash? Or should I be burning two trades and upgrading one of these guys this week to bring in Ablett?

camtinley

I've been burnt too. There is no conceivable reason for JKY or Howlett NOT playing. It seems the recruiting staff get a voice on selections. The Rookies have to be BOG to be guaranteed a game. Top draft picks can have "good" games with 5 possies.

wipz

what are you going to do camtinley? I am thinking of cutting them early because I cannot afford to cop donuts in the middle and I have no idea when one of these guys will be back and if they make it back how long for...

grum88

wipz

camtinley

I hate to do it wips but you just have to. Players are in favour or out of favour. Theses guys were in favour and now they're not. They won't get enough game time and will be in and out all season. You have to cut your loses if your collecting donuts. If not you can wait but you can't slip 100pts further behind each week.

camtinley

The talk in Perth is that Shuey had a cracked knee cap ie, Cooney's injury from the last part of his Brownlow year. That's what someone posted in the Eagles chat board.

wipz

damn it, shuey will be my 2nd trade of the year :(
and i thought that little nugget would make me $$$

jesseboy89

Definitely Shuey, then JKT. I reckon Howlett will be back in next week :)

stevemac

Yeah I'm in a similar spot with JKT and Relton. I just think that JKT is being named emergency each week and it will only take a couple of injuries or bad performances for him to get a gig on the bench. Keep the faith and re-assess at the end of Round 6.

As for Relton. I'm just waiting for Hardwick to give him game number 3.

chatters24

Keep Howlett because he's every chance to play next week. The reason I say that is because Essendon are playing in Perth tonight. They are a team who are expecting to make top 8 this year and they are playing a team who are 0-3 and realisticly won't make finals, so Knight's would expect them to win tonight. I, as an Essendon supporter don't think they will be able to overcome their travel woes (altho I hope that I am wrong on this) and they will once again get beaten. On the back of a loss over there I think Knight's would make a few changes and I think giving Howlett, a younger player in the team, another opportunity would be very very realistic.
So keep him for another week and if the Bombers loss tonight I wouldn't be surprised to see him in. If he isn't brought in then I would reconsider his spot in your team.