Main Menu

BEN JOHNSON INJURY!!!!!!

Started by Blakeyboy88, April 04, 2010, 12:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakeyboy88

Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys know about the injury Ben Johnson got against Melbourne today? I think Collingwood needs him and was wondering if you know what exact injury he has, how serious it is and how many footy games he will miss.
All i know so far is that he went off in the 2nd quarter, put an icepack on his knee (forgot which one), and sat on the bench in his magpie jacket. Apparently, according to an article on the AFL website, the injury is not as serious as first thought.
I do not know anything else.........
Cheers

MissPiesFF

No- one knows the extent of the injury yet. When there is a knee injury it goes into spasms and swells so you even if you scan can't tell if there is an ACL , but the good news is he couldn't put weight on his leg. They will most likely wait until Monday to scan.

Some say he was held onto for a few extra seconds and that the injury took place after the ball was released.

either way I hope he is ok

Blakeyboy88

what are the most common knee injuries in footy?

MissPiesFF

I am sorry but I can not answer this...when it comes to foooty I understand the game in and out..the players weaks and strengths but what I do not have is knowledge of what injuries are and the extent of them..or if they are even common. Maybe just a girl thing lol..has never interested me.

I do however know THE injuries. But to ask me the ins and outs. I trully do not know.

ossie85

I feel real bad for Ben Johnson if it is season ending. It seems everytime he reaches match fitness and is in our best 22 he gets a serious injury.

Alex7089

Well it looked like an ACL to me, although they can vary in seriousness, a lot of the time they're season-ending but Lucas came back after 10 games and that included rehabilitation.
Will certainly miss a couple, feel sorry for the guy, finally gets a spot on the team and gets an LTI...

MissPiesFF

Yup read that..fantastic news.

ossie85

Yay for Benny J, needed some luck