Monetary gain in a trade?

Started by numberwang, April 06, 2010, 02:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanV22

Quote from: Master Q on April 07, 2010, 09:39:15 AM
Kai, I say not to waste trades on threads where people are suggesting players to be traded, I say don't waste trades as in don't muck around, In this i mean trade Barlow later, But you can't tell anything now can you? People ask me what i'm going to do and what i'm talking about, thats what i'm doing, I'm here to give advice and you people just get angry.  If he keeps it up sure i'll keep him but time will change that, i swear some of you people are so un-grateful and you guys just stir and stir and stir AND STIR!

My ADVICE is my Advice.  >:(

Nobody is stirring and we are not ungrateful, we disagree. I'm just wondering why you suggest a sideways trade between Barlow to a player doing just as well as him for the benefit of being unique. Yet in many other threads you advise people not to waste trades but now you are going to go against your own advice by sideways trading?

Anyways thats the impression I got. I couldn't quite see through Prospecter-esque cryptic talk.

BGK

I wasnt trying to stir mate. I just dont understand where you are coming from. Your advice is your advice just the same as my advice or questions are just questions. We all appreciate everyone giving their advice.

MissPiesFF

In the end it all comes down to how fast you want a great team and win 1000k lol

valkorum

I think he was saying that he wont be trading early but come round 9 he will be looking to offload some cash cows.  Barlow is looking pretty good to have a good price rise between now and then.

Master Q

Quote from: RyanV22 on April 07, 2010, 10:39:49 AM
Quote from: Master Q on April 07, 2010, 09:39:15 AM
Kai, I say not to waste trades on threads where people are suggesting players to be traded, I say don't waste trades as in don't muck around, In this i mean trade Barlow later, But you can't tell anything now can you? People ask me what i'm going to do and what i'm talking about, thats what i'm doing, I'm here to give advice and you people just get angry.  If he keeps it up sure i'll keep him but time will change that, i swear some of you people are so un-grateful and you guys just stir and stir and stir AND STIR!

My ADVICE is my Advice.  >:(

Nobody is stirring and we are not ungrateful, we disagree. I'm just wondering why you suggest a sideways trade between Barlow to a player doing just as well as him for the benefit of being unique. Yet in many other threads you advise people not to waste trades but now you are going to go against your own advice by sideways trading?

Anyways thats the impression I got. I couldn't quite see through Prospecter-esque cryptic talk.
Wow, Need me to teach you how to read?

bailey_minis

Tbh you can't put a single value on it. However, I just traded out McVeigh for McKenzie, rationalizing that the 100K+ turnaround was enough to justify trading in round 3.

Bluke

@ Q

If you can't see their point and accept constructive criticism how can we expect you to write an objective and informative blog.

Back to preschool buddy.

Master Q

Quote from: Bluke on April 08, 2010, 09:09:11 AM
@ Q

If you can't see their point and accept constructive criticism how can we expect you to write an objective and informative blog.

Back to preschool buddy.
I accepted it all right, i think it's them who didn't?

RyanV22

Yeah I don't think you take criticism very well. You just took a shot at me after my previous post and by the way I can read which is why I laughed when some bloke told me to hop on Ben Cousins.

Master Q

Quote from: RyanV22 on April 08, 2010, 09:41:29 AM
Yeah I don't think you take criticism very well. You just took a shot at me after my previous post and by the way I can read which is why I laughed when some bloke told me to hop on Ben Cousins.
Ryan thats taking this to far, that blog was about trying to be unique and thinking outside the box. I take critism like anyone else just some people are extremely ungrateful, even you, You dis my blog post and i'm just trying to help and be creative. You are just stiring now ryan, it's just annoying.

Justin Bieber

ORDER IN THE BOARD. calm down you guys. don't start up another war on here.

everybody is titled to their own advice/opinions but don't go and start off against each other. It is a forum for all so don't start with all the fighting.

WHERE IS THE LOVE???

numberwang

Where is the love indeed...my post has been hijacked  :-\

I think the best trades aren't always about money, but timing.

Prospector_1

Quote from: numberwang on April 06, 2010, 02:48:44 AM
With all this talk of early trades, I'm curious to know what other people think on the following question:

How much of a monetary windfall (TO YOU) justifies a trade?
Obviously it depends on circumstances a lot of the time but what...20K? 50K? 100K?

Bluke

Justin Bieber

guess it changes from person to person. normally many would say at around 100k but i'm more of a tighta$$ so i say 150k+