WXV Summer League MMXVI

Started by Levi434, October 02, 2016, 07:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Wait so, if Weits played instead of Yarran (like he will have to this year), we'd most likely have won??

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Quote from: Ricochet on November 20, 2016, 03:03:59 PM
Dublin are pie

Holz

very smart coaching Rico and Ele.

All the bonuses for the different structure bumped up the team from your usual Dublin v NDT whitewash where its over at 1/4 time to a close contest. Shame that wont work in the real season and i worked out just then that 5 v 4 was a bigger advantage then 4 v3.

So even with the sneaky tactic the team with way too much talent turns up the victor as they should. The best thing is Tmac Rance Treloar Crouch Goldy Jones all went well under their average. While only Birchall Sloane Jroo went well over.

Thanks for the amazing write up Levi. Appreciate all the work you put into the site and worlds.

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on November 23, 2016, 01:10:14 PM
Wait so, if Weits played instead of Yarran (like he will have to this year), we'd most likely have won??

or if I played Daw over Yarran and took out all the bonuses I would have destroyed you.

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on November 23, 2016, 01:13:35 PM
very smart coaching Rico and Ele. BB.

So even with the sneaky tactic the team with way too much talent turns up the victor as they should. The best thing is Tmac Rance Treloar Crouch Goldy Jones all went well under their average. While only Birchall Sloane Jroo went well over.
Sidey underperformed by about 250pts so yeh

Thanks for the amazing write up Levi. Appreciate all the work you put into the site and worlds.
Can't disagree with this :). A mountain of work done by Levi, thanks mate

BB67th

Well I can understand Chris Yarran retiring. Things don't get too much better than beating NDT.

I'm really liking the comp thus far Levi, fantastic write ups, and I'm always keen to try out a few extra rules if you want to add any more in - makes it a more fun competition with not much on the line!

RaisyDaisy

So we're a few games in now, what are peoples thoughts on these new rules? Can we see any that would actually be good to have in WXV?

I don't mind the form confidence one but it would require a fair bit of work for Purps having to continually track so many players form so might not be practical

Limit I think is simple and could be introduced

Not sure anything else is practical or worthwhile yet

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 23, 2016, 07:52:58 PM
So we're a few games in now, what are peoples thoughts on these new rules? Can we see any that would actually be good to have in WXV?

I don't mind the form confidence one but it would require a fair bit of work for Purps having to continually track so many players form so might not be practical

Limit I think is simple and could be introduced

Not sure anything else is practical or worthwhile yet

I like the limit one alot, maybe some other like shut down king for spoils etc...

Don't like the fllooding, attack bonus but was good to test it out.

Form is good too.

Tagging has potenrial but don't think tackling is the best way. Not too sure on the best way

Purple 77

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 23, 2016, 07:52:58 PM

Wouldn't be any trouble at all :) I set up all my systems at the beginning of the year so that everything is automated. I reckon I could get my spreadsheet to do it automatically. Big fan of it too.

Limit is good. Flooding/Attacking didn't work as well as I thought it would IMO. I reckon the disposal efficiency one should be brought down to 75%. As Holz says, tagging has potential, but not convinced about tackles being the basis for it.

Purple 77

It'd be cool if SuperCoach announced, as well as D/M/R/F, the Tagging "T" position :P so we could use those players as taggers

Ricochet

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 23, 2016, 08:59:49 PM
It'd be cool if SuperCoach announced, as well as D/M/R/F, the Tagging "T" position :P so we could use those players as taggers
You could use fanfooty match stats and if they get the tag logo x amount of times

Purple 77

Quote from: Ricochet on November 23, 2016, 09:10:07 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on November 23, 2016, 08:59:49 PM
You could use fanfooty match stats and if they get the tag logo x amount of times

I've found those symbols to be a bit inaccurate in 2016 compared to other years, but a good thought

RaisyDaisy

Good to see we're on the same page

We like Limit and confidence, don't care much for flood/attack and aren't sure Tag can be reasonably measured

That being said, liking a rule is one thing, but I think it's important that we don't saturate WXV with too many unique rules.

I agree with Holz that if there's going to be Limit, then there should also be an option for a defender to drift forward "to help the team kick goals" too, but like Tag it's hard to figure out what stat to use - don't think spoil is the answer. Also, with this, I think the rule should be that if a team uses Limit/Defender option then they cannot flood/attack. Doesn't make sense to be flooding (so only having 3 forwards to begin with) and then being able to send 1 of your 3 forwards down back, only leaving you with 2 forwards

BB67th

Completely agree with the above. Fan of form and limit, not so much the different structures and tackles for tagging.

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 23, 2016, 10:18:19 PM
Good to see we're on the same page

We like Limit and confidence, don't care much for flood/attack and aren't sure Tag can be reasonably measured

That being said, liking a rule is one thing, but I think it's important that we don't saturate WXV with too many unique rules.

I agree with Holz that if there's going to be Limit, then there should also be an option for a defender to drift forward "to help the team kick goals" too, but like Tag it's hard to figure out what stat to use - don't think spoil is the answer. Also, with this, I think the rule should be that if a team uses Limit/Defender option then they cannot flood/attack. Doesn't make sense to be flooding (so only having 3 forwards to begin with) and then being able to send 1 of your 3 forwards down back, only leaving you with 2 forwards

Spoils isnt for tagging.

Instead of limit with 3 points perfect goal
You can play shut down and a defender gets +2 for spoils

RaisyDaisy

Re-read what I said holz

Didn't say spoils was for tagging.