Round 1 Richmond v Carlton - Thursday 24th March 7:20 - MCG

Started by LF, March 20, 2016, 10:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Simmo in just 4.1% of teams is a little surprising but I'm not complaining. Bit fumbly tonight though. Docherty looks like an option when upgrading later on too.

fanTCfool

Very pleased with the effort from the boys tonight!
Lots of positives to take from the game, can't see us finishing 17th if we play like that for the year.

frenzy

Quote from: Torpedo10 on March 24, 2016, 11:13:43 PM
Nice score from Weitering, but that might well be his highest for the year and for 220k it's very expensive.

Will be interesting to see how Dea goes for 50k less.

220k for 87 is insane. Exceeded my expectations by 17 points. But the best thing is, he'll get another game next week.

Grufflez

Quote from: meow meow on March 24, 2016, 11:46:46 PM
Simmo in just 4.1% of teams is a little surprising but I'm not complaining. Bit fumbly tonight though. Docherty looks like an option when upgrading later on too.

He had a great game but expect him to be reigned in when they play tougher competition.

Grufflez

Quote from: frenzy on March 25, 2016, 12:12:31 AM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on March 24, 2016, 11:13:43 PM
Nice score from Weitering, but that might well be his highest for the year and for 220k it's very expensive.

Will be interesting to see how Dea goes for 50k less.

220k for 87 is insane. Exceeded my expectations by 17 points. But the best thing is, he'll get another game next week.

It was Rance & Tmacs increased scores last year that convinced me that a good intercept marking Backline rookie with clean DE% could score decently now, very happy with 87!

Mat0369

I wasn't upset with the loss. The structure looks good, the players seem to be thriving in it so far, it is just a few tweaks here and there and that is probably the difference between a win and a loss. A couple of stupid 50's as well didn't help.

quinny88

Half time I was saying to myself that this is exactly why I didn't pick Weitering but he got busy in that 3rd quarter and put together a really nice score. Still think he's gonna be prone to some shockers with the role he plays but if he puts up another score like that next week I'll make a corrective trade to get him in.
Menadue and Kerridge were solid. Dusty a bit quiet but he always is against Carlton. Scored a 50 odd round 1 last year from memory.

On the actual game, I think Carlton were better most of the night and won most of the key stats. The tiges looked very rusty and fumbled for most the night but it was round 1 and actually a younger side put on the park than Carlton so I'll take the 4 points

j959

Quote from: quinny88 on March 25, 2016, 02:24:39 AM
Half time I was saying to myself that this is exactly why I didn't pick Weitering but he got busy in that 3rd quarter and put together a really nice score. Still think he's gonna be prone to some shockers with the role he plays but if he puts up another score like that next week I'll make a corrective trade to get him in.
Menadue and Kerridge were solid. Dusty a bit quiet but he always is against Carlton. Scored a 50 odd round 1 last year from memory.

On the actual game, I think Carlton were better most of the night and won most of the key stats. The tiges looked very rusty and fumbled for most the night but it was round 1 and actually a younger side put on the park than Carlton so I'll take the 4 points
I missed most of the game (TV at home on the fritz - rd1 and Easter hols!!! :(   ;)) but from what I saw and heard on the radio, it sounds like Delids is the barometer for the Tiggies??

bit like Lecca for WCE before Kennedy, Darling and McGov got going last couple of years - he was/is their 'cream', that class finishing close to goal ...

LaHug

Didn't read any of this thread (so sorry if I'm repeating things already said) but it is abundantly clear that we're not a good enough team when missing key players. The difference in how we play with Lids out and, less so, Maric out is very disappointing for a team that wants to make the top 4. Super happy with the win, all things considered, but we'll be trounced by the Pies next week if we play at all similarly.

dmac07

Quote from: meow meow on March 24, 2016, 11:46:46 PM

I was shocked when i saw only 4%, even happier with him now.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Cambo on March 24, 2016, 11:46:16 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on March 24, 2016, 11:22:30 PM
Kingy said Carlton were all over Richmond and Cripps was over them in the first half

:o

Really? I didn't notice Patty in the first half :o  I did notice Gibbs, Murphy and Boekhorst, Cripps was no where near it! ::)

But he's paid on fox footy and i'm just a mug ::)

I disagree with your take on Cripps.  He was all over it in the first half and I for one was starting to regret not picking him but he did slow up as the game went on into the second half.

His first half was one of the best iv seen in a while!